Logo by stereoman - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 02:03:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: using parameter files  (Read 4293 times)
Description: mandelbulb 3d
sprool
« on: December 07, 2011, 02:02:11 PM »

Was trying to load some of these parameter files into Mandelbulb 3D last night - I have latest version 17x...?
Do i copy the whole text in, including Mandelbulb3dv16...{?
Or do I copy just between the {} brackets, or also include the brackets?
What if its version 16 and I'm loading it into a V17 program?

Either way I could get nothing to happen. I'm running it on a mac under bootcamp (windows XP) maybe the copy to clipboard (ctrl+c) isn't working same way? (In mac programs its cmd+c).

Any help, guidance appreciated!   afro
lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 03:39:15 PM »

Copy everything...Mandelbulb3Dv1x{everything}

I think all versions from V1.5xx till 1.7xx will load OK and run, maybe small color changes since later versions treat colors a bit different, changes in the way DE is handeled and some calcs are done may change things a bit on older Params but they should basically work.
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 05:12:14 PM »

Yes, you copy all the text, but there is a Mac issue because of the used clipboard format or so...
in the next version i will popup a textbox where you can insert the text, that should work.
sprool
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 05:19:02 PM »

That would be cool, thanks Jesse smiley Any way in the meantime of manually setting the parameters from a posted data text string?
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 09:14:40 PM »

There is no way to convert the text into m3p easily, but i could send you a beta version so you can try the new feature out (just send me a email address i can send it to).
I could also upload the beta for testing, just wanted to fix the crappy window behaviour in wine on unbuntu first... (had no success by now)
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 11:08:11 PM »

Uhmmm to me to me wink
My gmail account is? Don't remember... Tomorrow wink

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
sprool
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 08:41:06 AM »

I've found a way round this, you have to run windows xp via parallels so you have both OS X and Win XP running in different virtual windows, then you can copy the parameter list from an internet page in OS X then paste it into the mandelbulb 3D program in Windows. It works fine and theres no real loss of performance.
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 06:19:16 PM »

Ok, nevertheless a working wine or whatever version is not bad to have too  wink

Just put the beta for downloading in here:
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=30

Cheers

PS: sprool, my email provider has sometimes trouble to send binaries and stuff...
      this failed so please download it in the link above!
sprool
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 07:04:54 PM »

thzx jesse - the mac version posted earlier works a treat, no more parallels or booting into XP, this is a great step for mac users!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: