Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 11:10:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulber website launched  (Read 2517 times)
Description: Mandelbulber website launched
isosceles
Alien

isosceles
« on: November 22, 2011, 05:37:25 PM »

I have been working on a website to collect the efforts of the Mandelbulber community. I have created a wiki where anyone can add and edit the documentation. Please help in this effort. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.mandelbulber.com/

Jason Fletcher
Charles Hayden Planetarium
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 07:45:21 PM »

Thank you!!! GREAT JOB!!!

taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 08:18:37 PM »

way wicked cool, man! you've done a fantastic job on this site.
i have (or take) seldom the time to search the web for cool new work - now i don't need to anymore. you extracted the best bits with clean research for parameters, if available. this must have been a hell of work.
i'll do my best to spare some time, sharing my expierience in the wiki.

thanks!  A Beer Cup A Beer Cup

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
isosceles
Alien

isosceles
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 08:46:08 PM »

Thanks! It was indeed quite a big project to explore tons of renders and archive them with author/links/params. But it was fun to find all the amazing params. I hope that this website promotes the sharing of params. It makes Mandelbulber even more fun and powerful.

While anonymous wiki editing is ok, its better if the serious users register. It allows you to upload files and keep track of your edits.

Here is a quick reference guide I have put together, in case you have never edited a wiki. Its simple. Anyone could learn the basics by just opening up the edit page and looking around. There is also a link to this on the front page of the wiki.
http://wiki.mandelbulber.com/index.php?title=Wiki_help

Jason Fletcher
marius
Fractal Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 10:26:10 PM »

Awesome. Love the gallery.
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 10:45:48 PM »

Looks fantastic, great job guys (both with the sustained Mandelbulber effort, and with the website)!

Loadus
Forums Freshman

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 08:43:55 AM »

Awesome job on the website! Very nice.

isosceles
Alien

isosceles
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 02:11:49 AM »

I created a User Suggestions page to the wiki. Please add to it! You can do so anonymously if you don't want to bother registering.

I have added many of the things I have learned. I also added some tips I have found around the forums, but unfortunately I didn't save the source of who made these suggustions because I collected it long ago, sorry. Cheers!

http://wiki.mandelbulber.com/index.php?title=User_Suggestions

Jason Fletcher
isosceles
Alien

isosceles
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 05:43:24 AM »

Well unfortunately I had to remove anonymous editing. I just found tons of spam getting posted by bots and it took a while to remove. So please email me if you want a login.

Jason Fletcher
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: