Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 03:26:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: The Inside Colouring of a Lost Gluon  (Read 1182 times)
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« on: November 10, 2011, 11:08:57 PM »

The Inside Colouring of a Lost Gluon

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=9230

Why, Jesse, why?

Everything was coming together. It was all clear to me. I'd found the Golden Ratio of fractals, all symmetrical, all perfect, all as it should be. And then I flippantly overwrote my fine and stable world with M3D 1.7.5.1. Sure. You can blame me. I shouldn't have looked inside. But hey, when there's a check box, I just have to check it. And I did. And now I get this. No symmetry, no parallel lines. No orthogonal planes. Everything is crooked. It's horrible. This is no improvement. How is it possible that my fast, exact and precise 64 bit computer suddenly lost its ability to draw straight lines? It must be a bug, a glitch, an oversight. I'm sure it will be corrected in future versions...

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
LeonieZed
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 04:20:47 AM »

Stunningly gorgeous! cheesy
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 07:13:23 PM »

Thanks Leonie!

Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »

Why, Jesse, why?

I am asking this every morning and did not found an answer yet, everything is better than nothing i guess...

Everything was coming together. It was all clear to me. I'd found the Golden Ratio of fractals, all symmetrical, all perfect, all as it should be. And then I flippantly overwrote my fine and stable world with M3D 1.7.5.1. Sure. You can blame me. I shouldn't have looked inside. But hey, when there's a check box, I just have to check it. And I did. And now I get this. No symmetry, no parallel lines. No orthogonal planes. Everything is crooked. It's horrible. This is no improvement. How is it possible that my fast, exact and precise 64 bit computer suddenly lost its ability to draw straight lines? It must be a bug, a glitch, an oversight. I'm sure it will be corrected in future versions...

Besides the idea to leveling up your computer, i promise to bann this check box from m3d.

Ok, i put a combobox instead, but i don't think of an indeterministic world... so it just happens, don't blame it on me  angel evil

How did the images on the solid blocks appear?  Some PS postwork?
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 10:32:46 PM »

How did the images on the solid blocks appear?  Some PS postwork?

Nope. I post in the M3D gallery if it is pure M3D and in the FractalArt gallery if I do post-processing. So it is M3D that caused the images  wink. It's just a matter of using a map for the diffuse colour. It does some pretty wild things to inside rendering.

Besides the idea to leveling up your computer, i promise to bann this check box from m3d

I'll put a wedge under my computer and see if it solves the problem of the crooked lines  grin grin. Or maybe this is just how 3D fractals really are on the inside...

milout
Forums Newbie

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 06:02:24 PM »

Hello, surprising but interesting, I like. You have the settings? Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: