Logo by HPDZ - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 01:14:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Julia Variations I  (Read 1695 times)
_db_
« on: April 08, 2008, 01:12:58 AM »

I'm taking Janet Parke's Working with Ultra Fractal class and these images are from my homework for the week. They each use different aspects the colouring formula (Orbit Traps 3) we were studying this week.

They all start with the same image (a subset of the Julia Set) and and started with the same palettes, much of the difference is colour is due to the way the palettes are combined. 

In each of these I chose to emphasize a different aspect of dimensionality, line, and form.

One thing I find interesting is how I work in a very similar manner to traditional media.  I find an interesting form, do a greyscale layer for the value structure, then add colour and refinements.

Thanks for taking a look,

db
MattSchultz
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 09:13:04 AM »

Nice! Reminds me of why I wanted to take that class again...hrm...maybe after my contract is done I'll have some free time....
_db_
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 10:29:43 AM »

Thanks Matt. Janet's classes will introduce you to a wide variety of techniques. Depending on one's artistic tendencies, some will be useful, others not, but I expect one's artistic palette will be broadened by the experience.
marwan
Forums Newbie

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 01:34:47 PM »

could anyone help to send me some example the julia set made by the MATHEMATICA V9?
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »

could anyone help to send me some example the julia set made by the MATHEMATICA V9?

Have you tried the following:
   http://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/new-in-8/compiler-performance-enhancements/julia-set-explorations.html

I know it says it is for vers.8 but 9 should have no problems with it.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: