Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 10:35:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: logo colour scheme  (Read 5714 times)
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« on: April 06, 2008, 04:50:39 PM »

so the background for the logo is definitely going to be that baby/sky blue?

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 05:01:39 PM »

police police police

no, the background can be choosen by the user, look at the top right box under the forum main menu, there is a drop down for predefined bg color,

so the logo should be a png with alpha channel, even if some browsers do not support it, i as the site owner refuse to take care of prehistoric browsers.

so either make a nice clear outline around a gif logo, or use alpha channel tranparency with png file format

i know it is hard to create a logo for different bg colors, but this way it is more reuseable and another challenge for the artist cheesy

so the background for the logo is definitely going to be that baby/sky blue?

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 05:22:03 PM »

Order in the court !!

i as the site owner refuse to take care of prehistoric browsers.

afro afro afro  O K !!

evil  alien  kiss

huh?

i know it is hard to create a logo for different bg colors, but this way it is more reuseable and another challenge for the artist cheesy
the difficulty is that baby blue is not very neutral :S you have to use something like pastel colours to harmonise with that, greatly limiting the kind of entries possible... if we could have a second choice of more neutral base colour scheme (euhm greyish i guess, with bright colours for links), then maybe that might attract more entries?

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 05:34:56 PM »

hmm, have you seen the color choose selectbox ?

if you choose one of the colors defined there ( light silver )
it should be possible to show the corresponding logos only with the selectet color set

all in all i am not able/willing to alter the default colorsets provided by this particular forum template,
this would include changing many many bars/icons

and i am somewhat lefthanded on both hands when it comes to colors/forms and style sad

i am currently not really aware what everything has to change when altering the colors, but i thin it would incorporate html colors bars and icons ...

but you are right that the contrast offerings by these bgs are a bit harsh ...
hmm, what shall i do ?

---

lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 05:47:13 PM »

hmm at some stage i was a forum mod? ;P

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 06:41:39 PM »

huh? police

---

lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 09:53:14 PM »

yeah, before you got ownership a few of us got mod rights; i think after i posted warning messages to save data from the upcoming Exodus i was stripped of rank for "causing a panic" though (!!)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: