Logo by blob - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 05:42:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Gallery uploading broken  (Read 1765 times)
Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« on: October 13, 2011, 03:44:16 AM »

I just tried, twice, to upload an image to the gallery, and it didn't work. There was no error message either; just a silent failure (status quo maintained after a supposedly successful upload) both times.

The last successful upload was a bit after 4 o'clock this afternoon, so whatever went wrong did so earlier today.

Please get this fixed ASAP.

lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 04:08:28 AM »

You sure it's not just waiting in your images for approval by a Moderator, all images are now held until approval due to Mass uploads by some members. The Image loads normally but does not appear in the main Gallery until approval, check your Images to see if it sitting and waiting.
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 10:31:17 AM »

That was the "problem" Lenord! I have approved it now Paul! (Deleted the double posting)
I do not know how to grant "auto approval" but it is Christians intention that all "Normal" users will get this asap...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 12:59:01 PM by KRAFTWERK » Logged

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 10:40:32 AM »

auto approve needs to be set by admin members, i will give gallery admins the right to change user groups,
they have then the possibilityx to add " auto approve" group to selected, trusted users

omg, i thought web-space was running out wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 01:15:33 PM »

Well, this is odd.

Certainly, anything like this should have had more fanfare ... and some kind of acknowledgment of a successful upload rather than just seeming to have had no effect at all.

Reading another thread about this after searching the forums, I see multiple claims in various places that this shouldn't be affecting people with over 20 forum posts. I have over 500. Still some bugs to work out?

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 01:28:51 PM »

no, it is a by-hand-process there is no automatism, every user will be updated user by user... so please accept this short time of inconvenience, it was a measure that we decided to realise, to block burdens of spamming pictures to the gallery, as time passes by regular users should not have any problems at all

i will award you to the claimed group now....

---

lenord
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 06:00:26 PM »

no, it is a by-hand-process there is no automatism, every user will be updated user by user... so please accept this short time of inconvenience, it was a measure that we decided to realise, to block burdens of spamming pictures to the gallery, as time passes by regular users should not have any problems at all

Could I get on this list too shocked
Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 08:28:34 PM »

Thanks.

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 08:50:35 PM »

@lenord, i gave it to ya!

---

lenord
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 12:22:45 AM »

@lenord, i gave it to ya!

Muchas Gracias mi amigo
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: