Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 19, 2024, 07:52:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Gallery Posting Limits Coming Very Soon!  (Read 25534 times)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« on: October 01, 2011, 01:18:50 PM »

Due to the large number of discourteous members posting far too many images all at once in the gallery, new rules are on the way.

This may entail some heavy handed action, and deleting of images.

We tried to avoid this, and it has been mentioned publicly, and discussed extensively in the moderator's forum.

There has to be a limit to how many images any one person can post in the gallery per day.

My suggestion was no more than 3 per day, and any images beyond the first post in a single day must wait until another person has posted something.

That way no one person can monopolize the recent posts area, which only shows 4 images.

This post is a last chance for member input, and Fair Warning that many recent images are about to disappear.

It's not right for somebody to post one exceptional image, only to see it buried by a flood of 9 images all by one person.

Ideas and input are encouraged, or this will become a Tyrannical Repression of any images posted in excess of some number which hasn't even been decided yet!  That number will surely be 3 or less, so those recent posts are about to get "The Axe" with no warning.

This is the Warning to all future posters - Limit yourselves and be Courteous.  Or we will have to limit you in a discourteous manner.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
panzerboy
Fractal Lover

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 03:59:17 PM »

Ahah!
So thats how one of my pix got disappeared?
One moment its there the next gone.
Would have been nice to have received an email or even a message to my account here to let me know what was going on.

Okay just received an email now (1:39 your time).

For the record I uploaded my 4 pics at 21:39 and your note here was posted at 23:18 over an hour and a half after my unknowing transgression.

Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 04:01:50 PM »

Hear hear! Seems a good system to me. I hope you will be able to automate it, or the job of moderator will be a lot busier ;-)

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 04:15:34 PM »

Ahah!
So thats how one of my pix got disappeared?
One moment its there the next gone.
Would have been nice to have received an email or even a message to my account here to let me know what was going on.

Okay just received an email now (1:39 your time).

For the record I uploaded my 4 pics at 21:39 and your note here was posted at 23:18 over an hour and a half after my unknowing transgression.

Yup.

This has been discussed extensively in various threads.

The guidelines have been in place for a while, but only Christian  (our Administrator) can make them visible in the Gallery itself.

I've just been trying to find ways to automate it for a while now, but it seems we may have to turn off gallery posting for all, then add members to a group with the permission on a case by case basis - but only after they make clear that they agree to the limits.

It's a touchy situation.  I finally got permission to start "unapproving images" above 3 by any one member in a single day, but we are still deciding if even 3 is too many!

We recently had one member make 68 gallery posts in a single day, and that really started the Tyrannical Approach to handling things.

I'm sorry I didn't send a message more promptly.

I guess I should PM the other two members who had images removed in the last few hours  bubble gum

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
panzerboy
Fractal Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 04:22:45 PM »

Well you've just deleted my picture again.
Two can play that game, I've now deleted all my pictures.
Hopefully I can delete my account too.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 04:34:57 PM »

Yes.

That would have been 4 in one day.

If 3 in a day is not enough for you, then I can only say that the idea is to limit everyone to 3 in a day, not everyone except you.

I hope you don't leave over a 3 gallery post per day limit, but we need to establish things and it would be wrong to start a 3 per day limit and then make an exception immediately on the first day  police

bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 07:40:36 PM »

Please don't react like this. This is childish. (oops, maybe you're a child, panzer....boy?)

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
panzerboy
Fractal Lover

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 01:19:04 AM »

"any images beyond the first post in a single day must wait until another person has posted something"
I had waited until someone had posted something then re-uploaded my missing pic, it got deleted again.
If you want to treat your content providers in this arbitrary and opaque manner, expect them to withdraw their content.
I could care less about someone uploading 68 pics in a day, good on them for efficient use of their upload window.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 10:36:22 AM »

"any images beyond the first post in a single day must wait until another person has posted something"
I had waited until someone had posted something then re-uploaded my missing pic, it got deleted again.
If you want to treat your content providers in this arbitrary and opaque manner, expect them to withdraw their content.
I could care less about someone uploading 68 pics in a day, good on them for efficient use of their upload window.

I deleted one and left 3 posted, and you re-posted the 4th.

So I unapproved it.

In deleting all your images, there is now nothing to point to and say "Count these" - but I assure you it was purely the fact that it was 4 images and not the waiting between posting  (that part is still under review, and may be removed from the guidelines)  In fact, you are still welcome to help shape the guidelines.

I would welcome the views of people who disagree more than those who agree completely!  We are trying to find the best way to deal with a growing problem and we knew there would be some resentment, but this is going to happen, one way or another.  If you have ideas to improve upon a limit of 3 posts per day, or our ways of dealing with it, please post them!

Ilionstar
Conqueror

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 10:45:32 AM »

Hello. I posted yesterday 4 images. In my gallery there are, but have the label "Picture not Approved". I am reading now that only 3 images are allowed to post per day. If I delete one of them the other 3 will be approved?
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 11:07:21 AM »

Hello. I posted yesterday 4 images. In my gallery there are, but have the label "Picture not Approved". I am reading now that only 3 images are allowed to post per day. If I delete one of them the other 3 will be approved?
Hi,

I just had a peek at the gallery and saw zero images awaiting approval.

We assigned a couple people specifically to deal with the gallery and they have been doing a fine job, so far  (I do not handle that part of the site's admin activities).

Hopefully one of them will know what is going on and reply here soon.  Sorry for the inconvenience and the confusion...

Ilionstar
Conqueror

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 11:18:31 AM »

Thank you very much  for replying. I have delete them all 4 and I posted again only one, but again has the label not  approved. I leave it in my gallery to see yourself. Thanks again.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 12:17:12 PM »

Thank you very much  for replying. I have delete them all 4 and I posted again only one, but again has the label not  approved. I leave it in my gallery to see yourself. Thanks again.

OK, that one worked.  If you want to post the others I can get them taken care of as well.

Sorry for the confusion, I really don't know what could have happened.  I don't think my cat had anything to do with it - she was getting in trouble elsewhere at the time!

Ilionstar
Conqueror

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 12:46:03 PM »

Now it's OK. Thank you Sockratease and buy  your cat a toy mouse, to make sure she 'll  not mesh with "Chaos"!  grin
singhjee77
Forums Newbie

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 04:52:20 AM »

Hello everyone as i am a new member of this forum i found this forum very interesting .Thanks...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: