Logo by kameelian - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 06:53:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: a specific 3d fractal  (Read 1956 times)
isosceles
Alien

isosceles
« on: September 28, 2011, 03:34:20 AM »

I find it interesting just how different the 3D fractals are between Mandelbubler and Mandelbulb3D. There are certain fractals that be created within one and not in the other.

I have been trying to create a fractal similar to this one. Anyone able to achieve this? Are their limitations I am unaware of?
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=5328

Jason Fletcher
Charles Hayden Planetarium
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 10:38:25 AM »

The programs are quite different indeed. However there is a hybrid mode in Mandelbulber too, so it should be possible to replicate what you did here:

20 iterations of Mandelbox
1 iteration of Sierpinski
20 iterations of Folding Int Pow

Mandelbulber experts can you confirm?

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 10:45:56 AM »

Yes! It would be really interesting and helpful to get an example of how to do this kind of emigration!
Would be nice to try both worlds...

taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 12:07:57 PM »

my knowledge for a quest like this is quite limited, but i think the chance of a successful reproduction is close to zero (at least for me). the reasons are:

• folding int hybrids are looking completely different in mandelbulber. eg http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=7105
  • afaik there's no sierpinski formula in mandelbulber. maybe the ifs tab could be a solution, but that's only a guess
  • the last time i tried to migrate a simple negscale rotbox parameter from mandelbulber to mb3d, i failed. it wasn't even close

i admit, that i had almost no expierience with mb3d, the last time i tried to migrate somethong between theese programs. this is a bit different now, but i think, to bridge the gap between bulber and mb3d someone with much more fundamental knowledge about the math background is needed. huh?

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: