Logo by DsyneGrafix - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 11:29:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: parameters  (Read 4175 times)
Description: why?
cricke49
Alien

« on: September 11, 2011, 03:06:45 AM »

out of all you people here on fractal forum how come only a short handful submit their parameters! is it because you think we;re stealing yor stuff or is it your're just to stingy to share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii wannna know, i am an artist just like you and i share my parameters with everybody!!!!! fiery
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 11:13:02 AM »

...iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii wannna know...

you see?
you can't allways get what you want!

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 11:29:18 AM »

huh?? beside that the form is a bit nervy, you find plenty of parameters in the gallery, and it is the right for everyone to keep them treasures, there exist many tutorial collections with many many ready to use formulae....

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 12:01:34 PM »

out of all you people here on fractal forum how come only a short handful submit their parameters! is it because you think we;re stealing yor stuff or is it your're just to stingy to share!...

Many times I have something else on my clipboard, other times I just forget.

But most of the time I see no point because I don't think they're that great or innovative.  I always post them if anyone asks, so maybe try asking in a gallery comment  (or thread reply)  if the creator of parameters you really want would be willing to post them.

I have never seen such a request denied  (if made a little less hostile and insulting as your post here was!).  bubble gum

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 12:12:06 PM »

I have never seen such a request denied  (if made a little less hostile and insulting as your post here was!).  bubble gum

afaik kraftwerk would. and i think that's ok. sharing is optional and might not be forced!

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 12:29:47 PM »

horsie riding perhaps we should open up a "kids" section ? cheesy  fiery police

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 10:30:33 PM »

horsie riding perhaps we should open up a "kids" section ? cheesy  fiery police

Yes, but who here is mature enough to moderate it? 

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 11:09:34 PM »

Obviously Kali, he is 80 years old cheesy tongue stuck out

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
ker2x
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 10:21:04 PM »

out of all you people here on fractal forum how come only a short handful submit their parameters! is it because you think we;re stealing yor stuff or is it your're just to stingy to share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii wannna know, i am an artist just like you and i share my parameters with everybody!!!!! fiery

wahahahahaha  evil

often times... there are other approaches which are kinda crappy until you put them in the context of parallel machines
(en) http://www.blog-gpgpu.com/ , (fr) http://www.keru.org/ ,
Sysadmin & DBA @ http://www.over-blog.com/
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2011, 12:06:26 PM »

What if someone sells a painting to a customer guaranteeing it will be a unique piece? Is it ethical and respectful for the buyer to post the parameters on the web?

Moreover, it's not by asking like this that you'll get anything.

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2011, 01:31:05 PM »

Just because you are respectful and ethical or even the majority are respectful and ethical doesn't mean *all* are - if you really want the parameters for a piece to study *then just ask* and if you then create a derivative piece (rather than one just based on the same techniques) then *ask for permission to claim the copyright on the derivative work*.

The "why" is very simple:
Over the years almost anyone posting their parameters for what are commercially viable works has been stung one way or another by those with no respect for intellectual copyright.
In fact this is of course by no means limited to fractal parameters.

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: