Logo by reallybigname - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 05:37:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Planet Hopping pt1: Planetary Perspective  (Read 2838 times)
kameelian
Iterator

« on: September 08, 2011, 05:58:20 PM »

Which of my many 'doodlings' to pursue into a bigger feature? This is where I ponder so much.

Well, here is my latest Mandelbulb3D offering: Planet Hopping pt1: Planetary Perspective.  I think it's a bit of a different approach

Unlike some other Amazing 'boxed-in' environments the judicious use of fog in this one (IMHO) suggests to me an illusion of space and size, aided by the rumbling bass in the original soundtrack - even though each 'planet' is remarkably close to the next one.

Pt2 'In Search of Crystal Caverns' (the same vid really, just split for size considerations - although they are quite different locations after each start) will be uploaded as soon as I finish the soundtrack.

Thanks Jesse.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/g1eg2GXiKNw&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/g1eg2GXiKNw&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

On a technical note on some of the graininess: sometimes unticking 'Normals on DE' takes them off, but sometimes it takes all reflections off too and so I would add an extra zero after the decimal point in the Raystep multiplier (and much later on the Stepwidth limiter), but then these cause some frames to go up from 5-15 minutes to 60-90 minute renders - fine for a big still, but not for nearly 10000 anim frames. If anyone knows any better settings to reduce the grain and not significantly increase render time, I would be interested. I did find some other DE and RayStep settings later into the video and this is why I still have a few glitches trying to merge them together - some parts have been redone two or three times...and another version is being completed as I write this[!] Oh well, I've spent long enough fiddling and waiting. Here's so far....

Hope somebody likes it.

Kam

Mandelbulb3D - Like Christmas Every morning wink
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 07:53:09 PM »

Love it! Cantor Dance

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: