Logo by Sockratease - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2024, 08:15:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Too much for flash to handle.  (Read 2123 times)
Description: Frame animations are hard in 1920 x 1080
Xazo-Tak
Navigator

« on: September 05, 2011, 11:54:05 PM »

How can I make a 500 frame video where each frame is 1920 x 1080? Flash can only handle having about 100 frames open without crashing, and can't seem to handle making a video out of that many. I have the entire adobe master collection CS4, so I can use pretty much any suggested method using adobe software.
Somebody suggested virtual dub, so if someone could tell me how to use it for that, that would be great.

I lost the game!
Xazo-Tak
Navigator

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 01:58:56 AM »

Anyone? Help? (These forums are severely undercrowded)

I lost the game!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 02:23:27 AM »

just use premiere for stitching togetcher single frames into a movie, virtual dub does exactly this....

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 09:37:25 AM »

Somebody suggested virtual dub, so if someone could tell me how to use it for that, that would be great.

in the open video file dialog there is a checkbox "automatically open subsequent files" or something like that. it is checked by default and leads vd to open all numbered frames in sequence.

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
lkmitch
Fractal Lover

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 04:27:21 PM »

How can I make a 500 frame video where each frame is 1920 x 1080? Flash can only handle having about 100 frames open without crashing, and can't seem to handle making a video out of that many. I have the entire adobe master collection CS4, so I can use pretty much any suggested method using adobe software.

I think Virtual Dub will work; I've used it for larger projects.  In my case, the frames are named sequentially (e.g., frame001.jpg, frame002.jpg, etc.).  Open the first frame in Virtual Dub and click on "Save as AVI."  Be sure to indicate the type of compression (Xvid works great).  Then, use your favorite tool for converting the saved AVI to another format.
Xazo-Tak
Navigator

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 04:03:31 AM »

Awesome, multiple options so I can hardly be stuck. Frames are almost ready to be made into an animation.

I lost the game!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: