Logo by mclarekin - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 01:40:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Janus Fractal v1.111 - Freeware fractal application  (Read 49026 times)
tomot
Iterator

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 06:00:47 PM »

wow! good things can come in small packages
zenzero-2001
Explorer

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 12:14:59 AM »

Works fine in Linux under WINE smiley
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 03:13:11 AM »

This is excelent! Thanks for bringing back this 3 years old post cheesy
And obviously thanks to the author, if he's still there... (is that Helena Petrovna Blavatsky in your profile picture?)

Catelee2u
Alien

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 07:16:54 AM »

Thankyou, will give it a whirl!!

Tried it earlier and it's superb!!! Great for making mandala style sacred geometry images. If the author is still here thanks and if you are still developing it would be cool if you could change the output image size and move the image around easily within the window.

Many thanks!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 09:16:47 PM by Catelee2u, Reason: update » Logged

tit_toinou
Iterator

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 07:42:18 PM »

Wow this post is old. I hope the author is still coding the program because it is really awesome.
There's just the "colouring the IFS" part of the program that should be continued. After all that's what we, as users, need to tinker in order to render pretty images.

Thanks anyway for that program.

PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 03:27:45 AM »

The link went dead because police closed Megaupload could somebody copy his copy and upload his copy somewhere and post here the link ?

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 03:56:10 PM »

The link went dead because police closed Megaupload could somebody copy his copy and upload his copy somewhere and post here the link ?

This was discussed in the moderators forum, and decided that posting links to re-hosted software can only be permitted on this forum with the consent of the original creator.

Has anyone tried to contact him?

If he wants, we can host it right here in our downloads section! 

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 05:51:42 PM »

It's freeware, I don't see why the author should be contacted, just give the proper credits to him in the download description.

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 06:17:31 PM »

It's not an easy call.

But it seems to me that regardless of price, distribution rights must be explicitly given or the assumption has to be no such rights exist.

Freeware is not the same as Open Source.  Copyrights still apply  (and even apply to Open Source too).

I seriously doubt it would be a problem, but I just don't want anybody assuming it's OK for them to redistribute, say, Mandelbulber or Mandelbulb3D or whatever they want, just because it is Freeware.

My reasoning is that if eNZedBlue popped in, and saw it re-hosted, there is a chance he'd be upset.

If he visits and sees us asking people to try and contact him first, I can't envision him being upset.

The rest of the world can do what they choose to do, we choose to err on the side of respecting Creator's Rights.

I'll repeat this, since it has not been addressed and is the single most important thing in the decision:  

Has anyone tried to contact eNZedBlue ?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 06:22:50 PM by Sockratease, Reason: speelinf eroorz » Logged

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 08:43:03 PM »

i try to contact him/her

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 09:34:41 AM »

Freeware is not the same as Open Source.  Copyrights still apply...

besides that, it is a matter of common decency, to at least inform the author...

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2012, 05:18:24 AM »

besides that, it is a matter of common decency, to at least inform the author...

yes but are cases as this where the author could not be contacted, and very relevant here has never put limit to the free distribution of his program ... i suppose he would be happy to know that still somebody use his program

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2012, 11:07:19 AM »

yes but are cases as this where the author could not be contacted, and very relevant here has never put limit to the free distribution of his program ... i suppose he would be happy to know that still somebody use his program

We are trying to contact him.

Give it some time to work.  It's only been a few days!

As for "never put limit to the free distribution of his program" - distribution rights must be explicitly given or the assumption has to be no such rights exist.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:09:11 AM by Sockratease » Logged

blob
Strange Attractor

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 11:21:40 AM »

and very relevant here has never put limit to the free distribution of his program...
Since you know that I guess it means you've made good use of the link that appeared temporarily...  grin
blob
Strange Attractor

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 11:28:32 AM »

As for "never put limit to the free distribution of his program" - distribution rights must be explicitly given or the assumption has to be no such rights exist.
Well that's your and the forum's official interpretation and I respect that but I personally think that if I give you something without attaching any restriction to it, then you're free to do whatever you like with it including giving it to someone else.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: