Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 11:00:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulber 1.07  (Read 2828 times)
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« on: August 12, 2011, 08:57:53 PM »

Mandelbulber 1.07 - for Linux x86, Linux x64, Win32, Win64 and MacOS 32 and 64 bit

Open source program (GNU GPL) for rendering photo-realistic 3D fractals

Free download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mandelbulber/
User manual: http://sites.google.com/site/mandelbulber/user-manual
Tutorial for creating animations: http://sites.google.com/site/mandelbulber/getting-started

New features in version 1.07:
- Added volumetric fog effect
- Added reset button on IFS tab
- Removed some further limitations for image size
- Image brightness adjustment affects now on all image layers
- Added saturation adjustment for random colour palette
- Corrected displaying of image size in MegaBytes when size is greater than 2GB
- Changed shaders sequence. Glow looks better when fog (from post-processing) is enabled.

SVN repository: http://mandelbulber.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
This repository is available from Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/mandelbulber/

My gallery with images created using Mandelbulber: http://krzysztofmarczak.deviantart.com/gallery/

taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 09:23:13 AM »

thanks for the new version. some nice new features.
on my 32bit windows the "copy to clipboard" doesn't work anymore - the clipboard remains empty.
a single event on my machine or a bug?

regards taurus

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 11:43:05 AM »

thanks for the new version. some nice new features.
on my 32bit windows the "copy to clipboard" doesn't work anymore - the clipboard remains empty.
a single event on my machine or a bug?

Thanks for information about this problem. I have just checked it. I happens only on Windows 32-bit version (win64 and linux versions works properly). I don't know why it doesn't work only on this version. It could be caused by some bug in GTK+ library for win32. I will try to find some other version of these libraries for Windows which works properly.

tryptophan
Safarist

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 01:53:21 AM »

Hi great program! I'm not sure if its a bug but I can't stop recording a flight sequence with windows7 64bit or xp 64 bit. Actually I have been able to stop recording by pressing the stop button (a few times) but only within the first 50 - 100 frames after that the stop button will not work. Either way great app!

cheers
Keith
isosceles
Alien

isosceles
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 09:08:17 PM »

Same problem here. But sometimes I can get it to stop recording by clicking stop a bunch. The other method I've had to employ is simply closing the program.

Jason Fletcher
Charles Hayden Planetarium
Xazo-Tak
Navigator

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 05:35:17 AM »

Hi great program! I'm not sure if its a bug but I can't stop recording a flight sequence with windows7 64bit or xp 64 bit. Actually I have been able to stop recording by pressing the stop button (a few times) but only within the first 50 - 100 frames after that the stop button will not work. Either way great app!

cheers
Keith
Also had the same problem, causing the program to dump several half rendered frames into the image file path. There should be a pause/cancel animation button.
Though I have a worse problem that Buddhi may know the answer to, creating fractal art that is more than the amount of data than can be used. I've rendered 187 frames of a 1920 x 1080 fractal animation, pretty high quality stuff, meaning flash can't handle even just 187 frames, and is incapable of previewing 90. So my question is how can I turn this many frames into a video? I have adobe master collection CS4, so I should be able to do pretty much any suggested technique. All I need is a way of stitching 500 1920 x 1080 frames into a single video as the final result. I have 4 gb ram, use XP, and the average frame file size is 1.3 megabytes.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 05:36:59 AM by Xazo-Tak » Logged

I lost the game!
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 09:06:51 AM »

So my question is how can I turn this many frames into a video?

just try virtual dub. it should be able to handle any amount of frames and it's free.

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Xazo-Tak
Navigator

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 11:30:24 PM »

just try virtual dub. it should be able to handle any amount of frames and it's free.
How can I use virtual dub to do that? I can't seem to find a way to string those frames together in it, the only thing it seems to do is edit stuff that is already in the form of video.
EDIT: I just searched for virtual dub on the forums, and across all of fractal forums it is only mentioned in this thread.
EDITING THE EDIT: Nope, search must be messed up, because I see you have mentioned it elsewhere, saying the exact same thing to another user without saying how to do it.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 11:36:25 PM by Xazo-Tak » Logged

I lost the game!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 12:32:19 AM »

How can I use virtual dub to do that? I can't seem to find a way to string those frames together in it, the only thing it seems to do is edit stuff that is already in the form of video.
EDIT: I just searched for virtual dub on the forums, and across all of fractal forums it is only mentioned in this thread.
EDITING THE EDIT: Nope, search must be messed up, because I see you have mentioned it elsewhere, saying the exact same thing to another user without saying how to do it.

Just open the first frame of the sequence with the open command  (control + O - or the Open Video File command in the menu.

Then set frame rate and codec in the video menu, if you wish to change the default settings, save out the avi  (no other format options in VD).

Then convert with your utility of cjoice if you need to get a wmv, mov, flv, or any other format file.

Hope that helps.  afro
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 12:33:54 AM by Sockratease » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
tryptophan
Safarist

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 07:55:18 PM »

I have adobe master collection CS4, so I should be able to do pretty much any suggested technique

If you have Adobe After Effects it is very easy to make an avi or mov with an image sequence. Choose import file in the file menu, in the dialogue make sure image sequence is checked, choose the first image file of the sequence. Then drag and drop the file in the project browser onto the timeline. Then select render composition and hit render. (you'll still have to specify framerate, dimensions etc..)

Also quicktime pro can quickly and easily render image sequences to .movs

cheers
Keith
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: