Logo by kr0mat1k - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 04:59:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Interrupted render of animation - where to start on proceeding?  (Read 1901 times)
Sfumato
Safarist

« on: August 04, 2011, 01:32:09 PM »

Dear friends, please explain me the following:
I have a M3I file with 50 keyframes, 20 frames between keyframes. I start rendering but had to stop and switch of my computer. 609 frames were rendered.
What keyframe from should I go on rendering?
I supposed I have 20 images between 1st and 2nd keyframes since first keyframe isn't rendered, then each keyframe provides 21 frames rendered. That means 609-20=580, 580:21= 21.6... so first 21 keyframes may be deleted and the first rendered frame I get, starting rendering from 22nd (21+1) will be a copy of my previously rendered 601st. Nothing of that kind. I'm still comparing the images and don't understand where the newly rendered frame belong to...
With kindest regards, thank You in advance,
Sfumato.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 03:57:51 PM »

Look in the folder of saved images and get the number of the last frame rendered.

Tell it to "start at index" of that number.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Sfumato
Safarist

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 10:39:14 PM »

Thank You very much, Sockratese!  I missed the bulb explanation somehow. Beg Your pardon for silly question.
Nevertheless I found out that on different computers the rendered frames looks different. I started rendering on my laptop, than went on on my PC (with different windows OS though). Is it a common thing or is there any other fault of mine?
Sfumato. 
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 11:20:32 PM »

Glad it helped  afro

As for the different looking renders, are you sure the same version of M3D is running on both computers?  If the versions are not identical, that can happen.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Sfumato
Safarist

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 03:53:29 PM »

Yes, Sockratease, I've read that we should use for rendering the version used for creating the frames. Nevertheless I have sometimes face the situation that having done with keyframes creating I start rendering process and M3D tells me there's an error! I restart the program and everything goes smooth.
So it's not a big problem though remains a mystery for me...
With kindest regards,
Sfumato.
kameelian
Iterator

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 05:55:52 PM »

Hi,

I get this issue (and difficulty joining/matching/guessing frames) if I try to continue or rerender updated/inserted or joined versions, but for basic stop and restart, Sockratease is right - If the last one was 609 then you simply need to "Start with Index" 610 to restart. Make sure you have the same version - as you are aware - and leave the File Index box well alone. I got into even more problems fiddling with this one. As the subframes are impacted upon by the next-to-be-rendered keyframe (try it, put a random third keyframe after two keyframes that you want to render between -  and see the difference produced), at some point between the rendering, the third keyframe will begin to impact during quadratic bezier rendering - so make sure the sequence is identical and that 'linear' is not added by mistake (or vice versa).

I'm not aware that inadvertantly changing picture size or file type between keyframes has any impact on the final renders (perhaps someone can enlighten), as the final is governed by the size/type stated in the anim window, but if the is a change in the Calculation settings, this will impact.

Hope this adds to the discussion.

regards
Kam
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 06:00:53 PM by kameelian, Reason: extra added » Logged

Mandelbulb3D - Like Christmas Every morning wink
Sfumato
Safarist

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 09:19:20 PM »

Thank You so much, kameelian, for Your valuable supplement,
with kindest regards,
Sfumato.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: