Logo by DsyneGrafix - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 01:54:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Sample colour Maps for M3D (page 2)  (Read 11521 times)
Description: a selection of colour maps
kameelian
Iterator

« on: August 02, 2011, 10:22:16 AM »

Hi folks,

If anyone is interested, I have put together a handful of colour maps to include in the new feature in M3D 1.7.3... if you wish.

I have only put 32 of them here (as a sampler of multi-colours, reds, blues, yellows and greens) and have numbered them from 16 so as not to clash with the existing 15. Just unzip them and put them where your existing maps are. Then tick 'Use a Map...' in the Object Colours of the Lighting box.

I literally have another 700 of these (some home produced but mostly gleaned across the Internet) for use with other projects, including the wonderful DREMPELS, but most are named rather than numbered and, apart from them requiring numbering, 700 would be silly, similar and unmanageable. However, I may do another series - if people want them.

As far as I am aware, you cannot blend between different colour maps on different keyframes, but you can do old-fashioned colour cycling by using different parameters for Map Offset X & Y on different keyframes - which can get pretty crazy.

cKlienhuis has now created a download for it on Fractal Forums:
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=25

I hope someone finds them useful.

cheers
Kam
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 09:28:51 PM by DarkBeam, Reason: title changed. cheers » Logged

Mandelbulb3D - Like Christmas Every morning wink
djeaton
Forums Freshman

Mandelbulb Enthusiast

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 01:45:58 PM »

Thanks!  I'm be interested in additional series.

Ask to be part of my M3D parameter sharing circle on Google+
DonTen
Alien

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 02:26:57 PM »

Thank you.  grin
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 03:01:39 PM »

hey if you have problems hosting the files, we could open an "3rdparty" section in the downloads section where we could store useful additional software/settings for that software, if you say: "OK" i will move that file to the download section nearby the mb3d download....

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 04:13:52 PM »

Lightmaps are easy, I made about a 100 for Incendia way back and a 102 for MB3d so far using resized old Fractals of all types, FE, Incendia Apo and MB3d, they work very well for both Lights and Difuse Color.
kameelian
Iterator

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 05:01:33 PM »

cKleinhuis,

'OK' - certainly - move them where you like. Hosting-wise, I can keep the stuff up there 'forever' but with the free account, the public shared files disappear after 1 month.
I could do another series or two and folk can add them in - along with whatever others (like Lenord - yeah, they are easy enough) want to add - just transfer them as and when I do, then.

regardss
kam

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 09:07:51 PM »

Set sticky, but if it is not wanted undo this cheesy
Cheers Luca

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
skyzyk
Alien

Aspire to Inspire, before you expire.

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 09:53:43 PM »

Awesome. Thank you so much for sharing these. Can't get enough of the new function.  wink alien
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 10:09:04 PM »

Thanks, but I'll stick to using pictures of my Fiancee for this.

I can't help it.

Call it a fetish...

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 10:11:46 AM »

by the way. these should also work for mandelbulber in a similar way. as ambient occlusion maps (for regular ao, not the screen space ao).

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 10:37:35 AM »

i created a download for it:
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=25

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
lenord
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 06:56:25 PM »

I tried those Maps by kameelian, the square dimensions seem to work better for Difuse color than Lights, the 2:1 800x400 original dimensions center on objects better in Lights, at least that's my experience so far. Easy for me to make Maps since my fav aspect ratio is 2:1 anyway or the 70mm 46:21 in MoJo
kameelian
Iterator

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 07:18:40 PM »

Lenord,

I have no idea how the maps work and therefore why they would be better for diffuse rather than lights due to their square dimentions.
It is interesting you pick this up. I will try some different sizes when I get some time.

cheerw
kam

lenord
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 10:03:59 PM »

Lenord,

I have no idea how the maps work and therefore why they would be better for diffuse rather than lights due to their square dimentions.
It is interesting you pick this up. I will try some different sizes when I get some time.

cheerw
kam

It is harder to get the Map reference centered on any object with the square images but the 800x400 almost automaticaly disperses them evenly across all objects in the image. Plus I was going by Jesse's original Map dimensions which are 800x400, figured if that's what he used that's good enough for me.

As references for gradients it's probably not do critical as to dimensions of the reference
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 10:05:35 PM by lenord » Logged
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 12:54:14 AM »

Thanks for the maps, kameelian!

Dimensions can be 2:1, because the maps are for a full sphere ala 360 deg horizontal plus 180 deg vertical, but the prog takes nearly all sizes.
Of course the image will be stretched somewhat, dunno if Gimp can render also rectangular maps?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: