Logo by S Nelson - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 09:39:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Stereo image rendering - ?  (Read 7516 times)
Description: How to render a stereo image&
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 12:17:37 PM »

How do I post an image here?. I click on 'insert image' but it just gives the tags and doesnt ask me for an image location.

Hi gyphia,

This one caught me out too when I first started.
The thing is, you don't seem to need to click on 'insert image' (presumably this works if you have one held in the clipboard?). Instead, go below the text box and you will see Additional Options. Click on this and it will offer an 'Attach/Browse' option where you can search for your picture location in the usual manner.

Actually, the attach feature is not meant for images - the file size limit is restricting.  Attachments are better used for parameter files and other sorts of small documents.

It doesn't ask for the image location, but it does provide the tags.  Just paste the location between the tags like this:
Code:
[img]http://nocache-nocookies.digitalgott.com/gallery/0/162_14_05_08_1_06_35.gif[/img]

That will produce this:

The image must be already hosted on the web someplace for that to work  (external image hosts like photobucket, imageshack, etc).  If you want to upload an image to this site, use the Gallery.  I actually used an image in my gallery here for that example   afro

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 12:21:42 PM by Sockratease, Reason: speelinf eroorz » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
kameelian
Iterator

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 01:11:14 PM »

Hope that helps.

D'oh! Yes it does.

And, yeah, the size limit is restricting. So, online hosting is how folk get so much embedded.

Sorry for the half-brain info.

regards
Kam

Mandelbulb3D - Like Christmas Every morning wink
gyphia
Forums Newbie

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 01:18:56 PM »

How do I post an image here?. I click on 'insert image' but it just gives the tags and doesnt ask me for an image location.

Hi gyphia,

This one caught me out too when I first started.
The thing is, you don't seem to need to click on 'insert image' (presumably this works if you have one held in the clipboard?). Instead, go below the text box and you will see Additional Options. Click on this and it will offer an 'Attach/Browse' option where you can search for your picture location in the usual manner.

- Yeah, crosseyed is not too good for you - but without glasses it is do-able. I find sitting further away with a big screen is best for me.

As for the shutter specs - well, you still need a screen that will show 3D don't you. I'll have to try your method for getting 'great depth'. Pehaps good for stills but, for videos, I guess it would take forever setting them all individually.

regards
kam

Thanks!.
 For shutter viewing you just need any monitor with a refresh of 120Hz. Yes, my method would be unusable for videoes. I could probably get the same results using the programs method, once I work out what the equivalent of screen convergance is. smiley. I like the full screen view with shutter glasses, with cross eyed you only get half full screen at most. If you generate and save the stereo images at your native screen resolution(mine is 1680 * 1050) and have a low DE stop setting when generating (about 0.5 or less) the detail is amazing and the even the most boring looking 2d pic springs into life.

As a general comment. I must say thanks to the guy(s) who wrote and developed the mandelbulb program, its a wonderful piece of work and exploring 3d fractals like this is fascinating. Its one of the most intuitive programs Ive used for this work.

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 01:20:42 PM »

Hope that helps.

D'oh! Yes it does.

And, yeah, the size limit is restricting. So, online hosting is how folk get so much embedded.

Sorry for the half-brain info.

regards
Kam

The gallery here can host large images, it's just the file size in MB that must be watched.

Here's a large one from the gallery:

The same coding as before, just a different image:

Code:
[img]http://nocache-nocookies.digitalgott.com/gallery/2/162_01_05_10_1_54_48.jpeg[/img]

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: