Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 03:47:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fractacular ... a freeware Java generator with multiple algorithms  (Read 9434 times)
ChristopherLowe
« on: July 03, 2011, 08:00:04 AM »

Fractacular
Version 0.0.2
By Christopher Lowe

About
I am very pleased to announce that my fractal generator 'Fractacular' is fully functional and available for free download. It works on Windows, Linux and Mac and only requires the Java JVM to work. I like to think of this as a fractal generator with attitude. It's quick, easy to use and very beautiful.

Usage
ENTER  - Next fractal
ESC  - Reset fractal
F1  - Help
LEFT CLICK - Zoom in
RIGHT CLICK - Zoom out
KEYPAD - Pan left, right, up, down
P  - Save as a PNG File
R, G, B  - Alter the color

Details
I set out to create a small, fast and easy to use mandelbrot generator as a programming exercise but a slight arithmetic error when coding  Z(n+1) = Z(n)^4  opened up a new world of possibilities. I realised that mistakes in the forumla could lead to even more interesting fractals so I went ahead and wrote a dynamic class loading system to plug in new forumal's. So far I have about 12 different, interesting and unique formula's for you to explore. I also implemented a dynamic iteration fix so there is no need to increase iterations as you zoom in. It is written in 100% java and it is platform independent. The system requirements are very low and on a 2.0Ghz processor it generates close to real time.

Download
http://lowware.com.au/fractal/fractacular-0-0-2.jar

I hope you enjoy. Please give feedback  grin

Happy exploring,

Chris
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 08:01:53 AM by ChristopherLowe » Logged
ChristopherLowe
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 05:41:27 AM »

If you are interested, I have uploaded the source code to my bitbucket account:

https://bitbucket.org/ChrisLowe/fractacular
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print