Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 06:27:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: How to create 'unique' fractal art with M3D (or how not to)  (Read 12271 times)
Description: A few beginners' tips and a puzzling conundrum [warning: waffly]
kameelian
Iterator

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 01:23:10 PM »

Hi Thanks for the link to your Deviant info. (I've only just managed to sign up and see it).

As MindsEye69 Points out on there, "you are actually not making a hybrid, you are just taking the styleset from one and applying it to the other." An interesting twist, tho.

In my version, what you would do is put both pictures into the anim keyframes and interpolate between the two with, say, 20-100 subframes...OR, using Jesse's recent uppdate in 1.7.9.3, add a few intermediary interpolations between them to see what might come out - but as I say earlier in the thread, this does not always give you what you expect, even if you turn up a usable series of subframes (or a single great picture), you cannot always get them to save quite correctly.

Trial and error is the best way to learn, I guess.

regards
Kam

Mandelbulb3D - Like Christmas Every morning wink
PhotoComix
Strange Attractor

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 02:04:19 AM »

yes that is not a hybrid as intended usually is a commbination of a fractal with light and color from another fractal

And i believe is not even needed to open both to get a similar effect, only to save the light of the first (there is a save option in the lighting tab) and apply to the second

But sure different light may totally change the  appearance and not only for the color but even for the shapes :
more exactly may change the appearance of the shapes, different shadow and light may create or hide cavity and protuberances that can dramatically modify the perception of the objects

i may post some examples (i made about 20 apparently very different images from the same fractal,
 of which 4 that look very different from each other even if all 4 were done using the same map (but very different offset in the map placement
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: