Logo by simon.snake - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 03:47:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Apophysis - 3D Fractal Software  (Read 16050 times)
Boogey
« on: October 22, 2007, 06:49:43 PM »

I was surfing the other day and ran across this site and bookmarked it for future reference. This 3D hack looks like it might produce some really cool images. Here is the link if you are interested in checking it out.

http://nexstar.proboards67.com/index.cgi?

**EDIT** I have been trying to figure out what to use to make all these cool fractals and I see this place has a Apophysis installer that installs everything you need on your computer at onetime. This is really cool smiley I just downloaded it and installed, now maybe I can make some of those cool fractals all you guys make. Oh, crud I forgot the link, but if you click the above link it will take you to the sight and you can find it with no problems from there I'm sure.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 06:20:44 AM by Boogey » Logged
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 10:30:22 AM »

yeah it's pretty neat, i found the images by zueuk (the dev behind the 3d hack) particularly impressive: http://zueuk.deviantart.com/art/Cataclysm-64460522

oh and welcome to the forums smiley

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 11:44:02 AM »

This 3D hack looks like it might produce some really cool images.

Yes, I have been keeping up with some of the postings in the Apophysis email discussion list concerning this and a few other 3-D issues.  There are some interesting images and scripts floating around.

lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 12:19:08 PM »

This 3D hack looks like it might produce some really cool images.

Yes, I have been keeping up with some of the postings in the Apophysis email discussion list concerning this and a few other 3-D issues.  There are some interesting images and scripts floating around.

interesting, are these archived anywhere? could i ask for a brief overview of what was discussed? would be much appreciated cheesy

Neko
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 04:32:34 AM »

Thanks for the heads up on the Apophysis 3D.  I have downloaded it and plan to give it a try.  I saw a Fractal section at that site which was really good. http://www.digital-talk.org/forums/fractal-art/3428-fractal-wallpaper-art.html#post9598
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 11:04:46 PM by Neko » Logged
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 09:10:56 AM »

interesting, are these archived anywhere?

Yes they are, just join the discussion list and use that list's commands to pull down as many of the postings as you care to review.

lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 10:12:53 AM »

cool smiley where could i find this list? is it the one on sourceforge or?

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 09:40:27 PM »

cool smiley where could i find this list? is it the one on sourceforge or?

Do not have the exact address at the moment, but I am sure that a search on Google for the following words will get you to the correct place:
   Apophysis Mailing List

There are also a few other Forums, Lists, ICQ, etc. available for Apophysis.

Neko
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 11:11:03 PM »

I've been working on this 3D hack and it's fun!  Here's something I came up with, helped along by a script from here http://shaun-rules-4eva.deviantart.com/art/Julia-Grand-3D-66814366

Neko
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 04:26:23 PM »

I was surfing the other day and ran across this site and bookmarked it for future reference. This 3D hack looks like it might produce some really cool images. Here is the link if you are interested in checking it out.

http://www.digital-talk.org/forums/software/1869-apophysis-2-06c-3d-hack.html

**EDIT** I have been trying to figure out what to use to make all these cool fractals and I see this place has a Apophysis installer that installs everything you need on your computer at onetime. This is really cool smiley I just downloaded it and installed, now maybe I can make some of those cool fractals all you guys make. Oh, crud I forgot the link, but if you click the above link it will take you to the sight and you can find it with no problems from there I'm sure.

I can't find it, can you give me a hint to where it is?
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 05:07:43 PM »

a few seconds of reading and following links: http://www.digital-talk.org/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=31

Neko
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 06:48:17 AM »

So sorry, thanks for your help ... smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: