Logo by slon_ru - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 05:51:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Shutdown on 11/12th of June 2011 - Database switching  (Read 3785 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: June 06, 2011, 09:39:00 PM »

fyi:

after chatting with my provider i have now access to a 1gig mysql database, too bad it has to be transfered by hand, so
upon the next weekend this site will be switched to administration mode, for a few hours, after that the database problem can
be declared as solved.

too bad is that the webspace is still limited to 10gig, but can as well easily extended to  a bit more webspace, right now i am using
only 6 gigs of the space for all my sites, this just means that images sizes allowed to post as attachments and in the gallery wont
be extendet

it just means that we do not need to make a nifty double-server strategy for conserving old urls and switching to a dual site mode,
this is now no more neccessary

regards

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 10:02:29 PM »

Congrats on your negotiating skills, Christian! And thank you for all your time in keeping this great website up and running! If I ever run into you during the Oktoberfeste I'll treat you to a couple of  A Beer Cup  A Beer Cup
 wink

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 10:25:53 PM »

rolling on floor laughing , that would be great, but would more love to meet you all at a nice fractal expo in france rather than a beer expo in munich cheesy
in fact i am now paying halve the price than before ( it was a 10 years old contract ) and since one year now the forum is financing itself nearly 100% of its own!

next step is to improve merchandising stuff ( anyone interested in this years competition winners cups ? ) i do hope that i manage to release a nice ff calendar for 2012 as planned!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: