Logo by Kaliyuga - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 03:21:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Animation  (Read 2520 times)
MiniMaster_184
« on: September 24, 2007, 11:58:54 PM »

Hello!

I am not new o this wonderful world of Fractals...but I really do not understand how to get them animated. huh?
     -I have a DeviantArt account.         http://minimaster184.deviantart.com         Check it out.  Told ya I wasn't a newb. cool

I've been looking around EVERYWHERE for tips or hints or something to give me insight.

I have seriously found nothing. angry

Some places, you have to buy a program to get it to work.
I'm not doing that.

Some other places have people mentioning that they created a script (which is what I was looking for), but no where does it say how they wrote the script.
I just need...specific instructions.
I understand that it might take a long time to explain things like this...but usually I get things on the first try.

Just PLEASE!
I need help with this!
I'm gonna go insane sad
MiniMaster_184
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 12:06:05 AM »

Oh, haha, replying to my own message, I use Apophysis 2.06c
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 08:54:41 AM »

I am not new o this wonderful world of Fractals...
but I really do not understand how to get them animated. huh?

Here are the steps involved which are the simplest to understand, and will work with any fractal generator:
  1.  Render an image and save it in a common graphic file format.
  2.  Make a slight modification in your original parameters and render another image, then save that one.
  3.  Repeat step # 2 many, many times (hundreds or thousands of times).
  4.  Combine all the images together into a video using one of the many tools available for such.

Told ya I wasn't a newb. cool

I guess that depends on one's definition of "a newb".  If you mean a teenager that has been creating fractals for a few months or maybe as much as a couple of years, then I would definitely refer to them as "a newb".     grin

There are people posting to this forum who have been creating fractals since before you were even born.

lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 11:32:14 AM »

i also thought the noob thing was kinda funny, "i'm not a noob, even if i do say so myself" wink

JackOfTraDeZ
Explorer

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 04:42:29 AM »

MiniMaster

I can only help you if you use FRACTINT program.  If you don't, get it and learn - it is more versatile than just about any other out there.  It allows the input of custom formulas and scripts, used to do animations.  Animations that can be done with NO other software out there. Like on the UFVP sites.

The scripts can be written by hand (yeah - really!) or with simple BASIC loops for rendering thousands of frames.  I have written a number of programs to do all kinds of animations with fractint.

I have posted the mandelbrot zoomer programs on my site, real easy to use:
    http://www.fractal-animation.net/progz/filez.html
they are at the bottom.

If you can use them correctly I can give you other programs for more complex animations, I don't have those posted normally.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 03:52:33 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged
teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 03:28:28 AM »

hey mini - you can animate flames created in apohysis using flam4
http://exper.3drecursions.com/2008/10/26/flam4-gpu-flame-fractal-renderer-2/
although im not sure on the exact methods
I know this thread is old but i hope this helps

Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 11:13:42 PM »

I learned through using ChaosPro. Everything is set up for you. Animation, time frame window..full instructions/tutorials. Ohh & it's free! 

marcusbacus
Forums Newbie

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 01:47:39 AM »

I'm just trying my first Mandelbulb 3D animation - on my own, as it's hard to find a simple tutorial for it, and I have a question: I've noticed that it's saving the BMP's (900k each! Ouch!), but to finish this animation do I have to use another software and these BMPs or the software does all the animation stitching the frames and making a finished movie file (any format will do, as long as it does it)? It won't be difficult to make the animation using a software for that, but I was expecting that the software would do that already for me and not just save the individual frames.

I tested the preview animation window and I see that when I am leaving it there's an option to save the preview (just saw the option to save it as a GIF which obviously won't be the best choice). If the preview can save in another format like .avi, I think I'd rather try to fake that I'll do a larger animation with a better quality then I'll use the preview to render the actual animation in a lower quality (as the preview doesn't have the same quality as the final animation).
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 01:28:12 AM »

Marcus, you can use VirtualDub for example to make a video out of the images.
In the latest program version is an option to save the images also as png or jpg... i do not make a direct render to avi because
there are to many options for avi and some drawbacks like loosing all of the work if the computer shuts down while rendering or so.
marcusbacus
Forums Newbie

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 07:46:19 AM »

I did some test atttempt, took me 9 hours in a 3.2Gb Quadcore with a Radeon 9500, 4Gb ram all this for a 17 seconds movie. Not worth it.
One fact I've notice is that any frame that has "open areas" - skies, background images, takes eons more to be rendered. If it's just a fractal, its a couple seconds, no more than 20.
I did all the assembling in Picasa. which seems to convert it to a wmv file.
Here's the final result of demo 1. THe next demo was even worse and slow. so i quit it.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lkrea0KAQQw&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Lkrea0KAQQw&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 07:12:43 PM »

marcus,
for futher questions about that specific software, i suggest to move this to:

Fractal Software/3D Fractal Generation/Mandelbulb Software/Mandelbulb 3d

Anyhow, i will also send you a private message... for now i can only say that
raymarching through these shapes with space inbetween needs naturally more
time with DE methods.
And it depends of course on the settings, check also if the Zend value can be
decreased so it dont has to raymarch so much empty space.
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 05:47:41 PM »

As Marcus mentioned.. with virtual dubbing it's really not worth the time.  Atleast foe mea as someone who does this as just one of my hobbies.  Ohh and I also like Fractal Explorer; but 3d is limited to quanterion  & atractors.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: