Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 02:57:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fine tune color  (Read 1857 times)
scheven_architect
Alien

« on: April 29, 2011, 10:30:03 AM »

Hello,

how can i finetune coloration (so surfaces structures are colored different then inner ones)

greetings!
junkdog
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 03:45:54 PM »

At the moment, it's not possible to fine-tune individual colors, though you can import the palette from a jpeg.

With mandelboxes you have slightly more control over the coloring, but I'm guessing that's not what you're after?
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 11:40:47 AM »

I've got a method - but it's a fumble one.
first i play around with the default or random palette in mandelbulber (I assume, you are familiar with that). when the main object looks nice, I pick up the important colors with a color picker (e.g. si-colorpicker).
with an image processor (gimp works nice for that) I create a gradient with these picked colors anf fill a new created image with this gradient (a stripe of 640 x 20 is quite enough). save this gradient image to the mandelbulber textures - for better overview maybe in a sub-folder - and apply it to your fractal. finally increase the colour speed to about 100 and apply. 
now your image contains only the colors of your gradient.

the good news is, that you can leave the gradient-image opened in your image processor - there are no probs with open file handlers.
the bad news is, every change you may want to apply to your pallette, you'll have to do with the image processor and re-apply to your fractal.

I admit this is not the comfortable way, but the effort is worth it.

greets
taurus

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: