Logo by dainbramage - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 05:01:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Golden Shell  (Read 2640 times)
doncasteel8587
« on: August 03, 2007, 03:04:13 AM »

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 08:40:23 PM »

brilliant  smiley

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 01:42:17 AM »

Excellent !!   smiley

The Gold to Glass (or gilded glass) appearance is very nice.  If this was a real object, between 2 to 3 inches in width, it would make a very interesting broach or some other piece of jewelry.

Would the tips of the "glass wings" have been pointed or rounded if the "floor" had not cut them off??  Just curious.

What made you think of the original individual shape for one unit??

doncasteel8587
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 01:42:41 PM »

Excellent !!   smiley

The Gold to Glass (or gilded glass) appearance is very nice.  If this was a real object, between 2 to 3 inches in width, it would make a very interesting broach or some other piece of jewelry.

Would the tips of the "glass wings" have been pointed or rounded if the "floor" had not cut them off??  Just curious.

What made you think of the original individual shape for one unit??

Thank you smiley

(I was trying to think of the word "gilded" for a title, it just didn't come to me)

Someone in another forum suggested the same idea about Jewelry, it hadn't occured to me until then. Too bad you can't 3D print in glass.

Yes the tips would be round like the forward facing ones, I think the elements are actually symetrical, (I'd have to check to be sure). I hadn't noticed the intersection until after I had posted it, now it's the first thing I see, and I find it anoying. I'm going to have to fix it and re-render.

The elements are seperate, and the original one was modeled first, then I experimented for a while to find an interesting transform.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 01:45:29 PM by doncasteel8587 » Logged
mishafe01
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 06:40:06 PM »

Excellent!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: