Logo by fractalwizz - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 02:22:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: a little different  (Read 1485 times)
doncasteel8587
« on: July 29, 2007, 05:17:14 PM »

I know this isn't a "normal" fractal, but I'm really happy with the way it turned out  smiley

doncasteel8587
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 02:08:38 AM »

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 10:38:10 AM »

hey those are beautiful renderings, they look so plastic ... i want to touch them and put them on a shelf ...

« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 02:51:05 PM by Trifox » Logged

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
doncasteel8587
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 12:30:02 PM »

Thanks Trifox  grin

The renderer is Sunflow, I've just started playing around with it, and am having a great time!
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 10:47:15 PM »

These are really great examples, and my favorite is the first one (networking_final_1024x768.png).

How much of the work is done in Maya??

And being unfamiliar with Sunflow, what all is it capable of doing??

doncasteel8587
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 11:45:25 PM »

These are really great examples, and my favorite is the first one (networking_final_1024x768.png).

Thanks  cheesy

How much of the work is done in Maya??

I did all the the polygonal modeling in Maya then used my own MEL script for the iterative transformations.

Since My version of Maya is so old, there was no direct exporter, so I had to export the geometry in OBJ format, import that into Blender, add the floor, camera, and lighting, then export that to SunFlow's .sc format.

Then I text edited the .sc file to setup the shaders and adjust the lighting.

SunFlow reads in the scene file and does the actual rendering.

And being unfamiliar with Sunflow, what all is it capable of doing??

The project features page describes it much better than I can:http://sunflow.sourceforge.net/index.php?pg=feat

So far there isn't much in the way of documentation, but there is an active forum with people who are happy to help.

Thanks again.
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 12:41:00 AM »

I did all the the polygonal modeling in Maya then used my own MEL script for the iterative transformations.
Since My version of Maya is so old, there was no direct exporter, so I had to export the geometry in OBJ format, import that into Blender, add the floor, camera, and lighting, then export that to SunFlow's .sc format.  Then I text edited the .sc file to setup the shaders and adjust the lighting.

Wow!!  Seems like a lot of work (and hours) to accomplish those images.  I understand about having an OLD version of Maya, since mine is version 4.0 from 05/30/2001.  It handles several import file types, but hardly any export file types.  (Can not afford to keep up with the latest versions of all the software I have purchased over the years.)    sad   :-[    cry 

doncasteel8587
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 12:08:18 PM »

Wow!!  Seems like a lot of work (and hours) to accomplish those images.  I understand about having an OLD version of Maya, since mine is version 4.0 from 05/30/2001.  It handles several import file types, but hardly any export file types.  (Can not afford to keep up with the latest versions of all the software I have purchased over the years.)    sad   :-[    cry 

I understand completely sad

More and more, I don't even look at anything unless it's open source.
ramblerette
Navigator

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 11:47:40 PM »

I understand completely sad

More and more, I don't even look at anything unless it's open source.
the renderes are really cute.................i also  understand your  point of view  on buying software............

there are words like freedom
sweet  and wonderful to say
doncasteel8587
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 12:27:34 PM »

That's got to be one of the most interesting, creative responses I've ever received smiley
Are you a writer?

I'm really glad you liked it!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: