Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 07:45:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hello everybody, this is Evie from Amsterdam....  (Read 1557 times)
fractalchemist
Forums Freshman

fractalchemist fractalchemist fractalchemist
« on: April 14, 2011, 05:48:45 PM »

I wanted to introduce myself for ages, after I have been a member of this forum for so long.
I am a long time fractalist.....working in UF these past years.

I want to learn about three dee (3D) fractals, and mandelbulb 3D in particular.

Another wish is to set up, or join a UF animation topic.
Maybe there are others who would like that too.

Evie

heavenriver
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 07:11:03 PM »

Another deviant here, wheee!
Welcome aboard from someone else who just signed up. tongue stuck out
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 11:10:20 PM »

Hello and Welcome   bubble gum

Can't help much with UF - I never got along with it too much   angry

It was it's animation set-up that turned me off the most - If only it would render animation frames as they finish, I might have taken the time to learn it better, but I bought it to render out a 7,000 frame deep zoom for a commercial project and was shocked when I discovered that I had to wait weeks to even get started on my video editing!!  (I never saw any animation software act that way when rendering images, only when rendering an avi or other movie format)

Whazzizname was very nice when I complained about this, and promised to fix it such that the images would be available at least in "chunks" as the render job proceeds instead of making us wait for it to finish. 

I hear an update came out, but never heard if this was addressed in the update - so never got it.  Even though I really should just because I bought the program, but frankly - it's worthless to me in it's crippled state.

There's my obnoxious take on UF - no offense to those who like it!  I just go off on that rant whenever I hear people talking about animation in Ultra Fractal...

Now Mandelbulb 3D I can help with!  Do you have any specific questions? 

Don't miss this section of the forum:  http://www.fractalforums.com/mandelbulb-3d/  It's kind of hidden from the home page, but it's where most M3D Discussion takes place   wink

I look forward to seeing your work.  Feel free to post in our Gallery, or even make a few entries in our Annual Contest!  It's accepting submissions until the end of the month.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
fractalchemist
Forums Freshman

fractalchemist fractalchemist fractalchemist
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 06:35:14 PM »

Thank you for your friendly welcome!

@Socratease: Thanks for the offer to help, I am going to ask you for sure. No specific questions for now....I find that it is hard to find my way around and recognize well known forms and places I know  of the 2D environment. So in fact I am a bit lost.... embarrass

@heavenriver: Hi there too! I have not been much on DA, been ill for long....But as I am picking up my life again, I am sure to be there more often!

Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 12:12:08 AM »

Hi Evie, Welcome tot FF! A good way to get "unlost" in M3D is loading some of the parameter files that you can find in abundance here on the forum and just see what techniques other people use. You can find loads of parameter files here.

Veel plezier op FF!

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
Erisian
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 07:09:15 PM »

Hi there - nice to meet you.  I second what Madman said and I would like to add that, if you are using bulbs and you are familiar with 2D fractals, it's often useful to cut the bulb at 0 on the z plane to see what's going on in there.  It might even be a Mandelbrot.

howdy
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: