Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 07:38:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: FractKali  (Read 13280 times)
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« on: April 13, 2011, 04:00:11 AM »

Today I started to write my own fractal program, named FractKali  cheesy

My idea is to make a multi-formula 2D fractal generator, with the possibility of making combinations and some transformations, pretty much like Mandelbulb3D does, but only for 2D fractals and with a limited amount of formulas and transforms that I've been exploring lately.

I will use this thread for posts about progress, news, and future releases. Also I'd like to hear suggestions.

Once finished, this software will be available for everyone as freeware

Wish me luck!

Fractal Ken
Fractal Lover

Proud to be 2D

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 04:07:53 AM »

Best of luck! Don't expect to sleep much. smiley

Fortran will rise again
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 04:42:05 AM »

Thanks, Ken! I hope that sleep deprivation and caffeine abuse don't kill me  grin

Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 05:32:06 PM »

I think the way the formula & transforms data will be displayed and entered should be really practical, allowing "infinite possibilities" of combinations wink

The generation algorithm includes iteration count for each formula and configurable loops. Pretty much as Mandelbulb 3D "Repeat from here", but with the possibility of multiple loops with specific number of iterations. (Please note that the comparisons are about the interface and methods, but this is 2D and I can't even think of making something as great as Jesse's M3D!)

For Julias, I will implement a global parameter for all the formulas, and a parameter override on each one.

The _Exponentiation transform will serve for making mandala-like images, so this will be also the Mandala Generator program wich I said I was planning to do.

Just a quick preview of the sheet for data entry (columns without headers are formula specific params, the header text is displayed when editing or selecting the row)

* interface.jpg (62.14 KB, 1009x519 - viewed 348 times.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:01:01 PM by Kali » Logged

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 07:50:26 PM »

No!!! Stop now, it's too hard and it's already plenty of every possible 2D, 3D, 4D fractal program already wink

(Good luck crazy boy grin )

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 08:17:34 PM »

But first look at the image, and then tell me in wich program I can find such "Mandelbrot on Reals" + 2D Mandelbox combination kiss my ass

Anyway, I feel honored for such a genius wishing me luck! Thanks!  cheesy

(Also you are pretty much crazier, but I have to admit my condition a bit  head batting)

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 08:24:30 PM »

But first look at the image, and then tell me in wich program I can find such "Mandelbrot on Reals" + 2D Mandelbox combination kiss my ass

Indeed! A sign that somebody is still mentally okay somewhere! undecided tongue stuck out tongue stuck out

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 08:26:30 PM »

rolling on floor laughing

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 10:56:08 PM »

@kali, what i think is still needed is a rule definition set, or a simple system to define hybrid combinations, i had once
different methods in mind, e.g. say one formula is taken:

default formula
[block]
 [start][end]3 mod itCount =0 formula1
 [start][end]3 mod itCount =0 formula1
 [start][end]5 mod itCount =0 formula2 ( the latter defined would get taken if same )
[/block]

something like this, i mean we need a general way to define how hybrid formulas can be described, in a way we cover most of the possible solutions with the possible settings,
i just mean, alternation is just one form how one could create a hybrid form out of existing formulas!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Erisian
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 11:02:16 PM »

Sorry to lower the conversation to simpleton level, but please remember us mathematical braindeads when you're making this.   wink
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 11:26:05 PM »

@Christian, I'm doing only alternation at first, but I was also thinking of another forms of combinations. It's a good idea to have a rule for hybrid definitions. I'll keep in mind that, thanks!

@Erisian: Don't worry about that, I'll make it as intuitive and easy to use as I can wink

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 11:47:55 PM »

What system are you writing for?

Linux?  Mac?  Windows?  Etc?

...I'd like to hear suggestions.

If it will have an option for putting image textures in orbit traps...

Well... you know!   devil

Best of Luck with the efforts.  If your brain melts and drips out your ears, don't worry.  It's normal. 

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 02:11:46 AM »

@kali to use images is easy, just make an formula that uses an image as input, and let it transform the input value by r/g values, either add or mul wink

concerning the hybrid iteration definition i am looking forward to it, i must search my test program for it, i did post it in the forums ages ago wink
but it had an attempt on how to visually define the iteration loop rules...

---

Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 02:25:23 AM »

@Sock, to answer your question: Windows. Thanks for suggestion, one thing I want to implement is the coloring method that Fractal Ken uses frequently, wich is pretty much what Christian pointed, I think... but if you are talking about placing image samples directly into the fractals, mmm... I'm not sure smiley

@Chris, please let me know if you find something when you have the time, thanks!

Well, I'll continue melting my brain... I'm using earplugs, just for the case smiley
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 02:46:11 AM by Kali » Logged

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 02:53:21 AM »

damn it the binary seems to be lost sad
this was the thread for the program, too bad no screenshots
http://www.fractalforums.com/general-discussion/experimental-release-of-fractalter-!/

the basic idea was to print it like a zoomable timeline, each formula represented with an real time rendered icon,
and those formulas could be "stacked" on the timeline with certain properties

damn it, i gotta go and write such a program .... needed to find somethin private programmin fun anyway wink lets see what i can come up with...

---

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: