Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 03:41:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulb 3D in Vista's Safe Mode  (Read 1765 times)
Esko911
Forums Freshman

"Math is the language of God"

« on: April 08, 2011, 07:32:27 PM »

The computer that I use for fractal rendering is not in great condition right now, I'm waiting for some stuff to arrive in the mail to supe it up (a few cables, a new hard drive, a new processor, a copy of Windows 7, etc.) and was just wondering in the mean time, is rendering fractals in Windows Vista's safe mode affecting the quality of the final rendering of the images? I know that safe mode only loads essential drivers, so I'm just wondering if some of the drivers that are not loaded play a role in increasing the quality of the final image; I'm asking in relation to final renders from the Mandelbulb 3D software.

Any insight into this would be very much appreciated.
reallybigname
Conqueror

reallybigname reallybigname
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 08:21:45 PM »

I doubt people have tried it, but maybe I'm wrong?   However, if its working for you, but the images just don't look as good, then I would assume that the graphics buffer that the image is rendered to may be limited in color depth, as safe mode is?

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ ̿''\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
My Gallery on FractalForums:
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=228;u=2941

My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/reallybigname
Esko911
Forums Freshman

"Math is the language of God"

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 09:10:22 PM »

Yeah thats definitely a possibility I hadn't considered. It looks as though the sharpness is what's affected most. I think when I get home I'm just going to render some params with all the same settings in normal and safe mode and then compare the images. Probably the only way I'm going to get to the root of the answer.

Thanks for the input, definitely not something I had considered.
Don Whitaker
Conqueror

KitchenDon
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 06:57:49 AM »

If you are looking at your generated images in safe mode, it could be the color/bit depth settings of your display. Usually when I boot into safe mode I am in 256 color mode.

My digital creations: let me show you them
reallybigname
Conqueror

reallybigname reallybigname
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 08:41:00 AM »

Oh yeah, duh - that's probably it.  The image may have rendered fine - and you just can't see it!

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ ̿''\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
My Gallery on FractalForums:
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=228;u=2941

My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/reallybigname
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: