Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 01:21:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Apeiron- The Odyssey Into Infinity  (Read 1533 times)
tylerthedesigner
« on: April 07, 2011, 09:36:36 PM »

Apeiron- The Odyssey Into Infinity is a full length feature film comprised entirely of fractal art.

What it is: As the tagline states, the movie will be comprised completely of fractal art and music. There will be no discernible overreaching plot, only the art combined with audio. Each section of the movie will be attached to a song, and in some scenes there will be 3d models inserted into the scene. If I could relate its story style to any well known film, it would be Fantasia.

Development: Apeiron- The Odyssey Into Infinity is being developed by myself, and funded by a soon to be released Kickstarter project. I have already lined up some musicians (some famous) to contribute music to the project. I am also fortunate enough to be part of the video game industry, so I know plenty of 3d modelers and animators willing to put some non-fractal models into the scenes. The movie will be made in native 1080p, to allow for the highest quality viewing experience.

Contribution: I am looking for fellow fractal artists to contribute to this endeavor. I do not need the help, but having many fractal artists will certainly improve the quality of the film. I have already approached some of you through various channels, but this an open invitation. The form of your fractals does not matter. You can use any software, as long as your work is animated or otherwise in motion. If your pieces are used, I will ensure that an appropriate musical piece is found for your short, and will credit you for your work. If we are able to sell the first batch of DVDs, then I will be able to give a percentage to the artists who contributed.

If you are interested in contributing, please let me know!

Some of the pieces in this video are samples of pieces going into the movie
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yDZ83tLwU18&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/yDZ83tLwU18&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

I will be adding more info to this post when time permits...
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 02:01:52 PM »

Besides our private communications, I confirm here that I am interested. This idea has been floating around for some time, so if you have the bandwidth and knowledge to make it happen for real, I bet you'll get positive feedback by other members very soon.

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: