Logo by kameelian - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 04:01:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: keyboardshortcuts and main light position  (Read 1747 times)
Ike1970
« on: April 01, 2011, 03:04:40 PM »

Hello mandelbulb avids

I have three questions i would like to ask:

is it possible to implement keyboard-shortcuts to certain buttons (such as "render" and "apply")?  Since I´m not a programmer I would not know how to do this.

i am a little confused about the main light source being connected to the camera.  When trying to have objects cast a shadow it doesn´t work always.  for the "longest" shadows should be with setting horizontal = 90 or -90 and vertical = 0 (if shadows are supposed to go to the "right" or to the "left").  I observed however that when trying this I was always very very "close" to the fractal e-12 and the like.  Could this be the problem?  I mean if the light is connected to the camera, how far  away is it from the camera?

thanks for suggestions,
Ike
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 06:26:56 PM »

I have three questions i would like to ask:

is it possible to implement keyboard-shortcuts to certain buttons (such as "render" and "apply")?  Since I´m not a programmer I would not know how to do this.

i am a little confused about the main light source being connected to the camera.  When trying to have objects cast a shadow it doesn´t work always.  for the "longest" shadows should be with setting horizontal = 90 or -90 and vertical = 0 (if shadows are supposed to go to the "right" or to the "left").  I observed however that when trying this I was always very very "close" to the fractal e-12 and the like.  Could this be the problem?  I mean if the light is connected to the camera, how far  away is it from the camera?

I'm not sure about your problem, but I think casting of shadows is not so visible, because there is enabled by default ambient occlusion shading algorithm. Try to disable this by uncheck Post effects/Screen Space Ambient Occlusion enable.
It will be easier to help you If you show me some example image or attach settings file.

Distance of the main light source is infinite. But there is some special algorithm which make this light source visible also when the camera is inside the fractal (without this there will be completely dark).

About shortcuts it is a good idea. I will try to add this in next versions.

Ike1970
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 02:39:53 PM »

hi,

yes thank that was it.  I was too far in so there were no shadows created by the main light.  the "shadows" i saw where from ambient occlusion.
thank you
Ike
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: