Logo by CorneliaYoder - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 01:30:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: fractal-ish pattern in thermodynamic  (Read 11460 times)
ker2x
Fractal Molossus

« on: March 27, 2011, 02:23:11 PM »

Well, that's not surprising, isn't it ?

there is no "wind", it's all about temperature difference.
initial temperature is at 20°C, the surronding enveloppe is adiabatic (no heat loss).
bottom wall at 10°C
top wall at 30°C
the box in the middle is a piece of copper with a heat generation of 0W/m² (no heat generation).

This is pretty much a school case, still fun smiley

Edit : the fluid is water, and the color is the velocity.

* cfd-cold-hot-copper.jpg (84.46 KB, 1363x887 - viewed 781 times.)

often times... there are other approaches which are kinda crappy until you put them in the context of parallel machines
(en) http://www.blog-gpgpu.com/ , (fr) http://www.keru.org/ ,
Sysadmin & DBA @ http://www.over-blog.com/
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 09:56:18 AM »

I like this because it shows there is possibly no such thing as a closed system!
You may know I disagree with the Laws of Thermo dynamics as taught in isolation from other observations, this being one of them!
To be clear, I disagree with any correlation between entropy ( essentially change in specific heat as a measure) and any non stochastic notion of "chaos".
Using Enthalpy rather than entropy seems to be a better way forward. Connoting energy with Enthalpy highlights the issue of negative energy, revealing that we have a conservative system in which increase is matched by decrease, as far as we know. That is in our universe things are created and destroyed or exist in dynamic equilibrium between the two descriptors.

The vorticity in this image is apprent, but I guess you have to have " eyes to see"!

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: