Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 04:24:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fractalforums.com Spring 2011 Fractal Art Contest  (Read 30004 times)
Description: the annual contest is held a 4th time
Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2011, 09:25:44 PM »

Good. I think I'm going to replace the "antarean water lilies" still with a video from the same mandelbox and it might get a little long ... smiley

KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2011, 01:12:04 PM »

@all members of the southern hemisphere, you are absolutely right, and the naming of the contest makes no sense cheesy, how could we name it ? 1st quarter contest ? but then we would discourage chinese oder jewish or arabic people wink difficult problem ... perhaps annual fractal contest would do it ... huh?

All right, I always thought it was a spring contest, so I never got confused...  afro

Tabasco Raremaster
Iterator

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2011, 01:12:06 AM »

Found it   cheesy

There are 2 galleries for 2 spring 2011 contests. :smiley

And since 66.666% of the uploads in the other one are mine , I might make a slight chance to win the dumb-ass award don`t I ? evil  fiery evil

http://tabasco-raremaster.deviantart.com/

If you dislike it press; Alt+F4
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2011, 12:34:36 PM »

Found it   cheesy

There are 2 galleries for 2 spring 2011 contests. :smiley

And since 66.666% of the uploads in the other one are mine , I might make a slight chance to win the dumb-ass award don`t I ? evil  fiery evil

What are you talking about?

I only see one main gallery section, with three subsections for entries.

If 2/3 of them in one category are yours, you will have to delete all but 3 entries in each section, or risk not having followed the rules   cop

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Tabasco Raremaster
Iterator

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2011, 05:45:27 PM »

I will search for that "ghost gallery "

After making the uploads I noticed they were in some gallery that had only one image next to mine.

Then I found the real gallery and submitted them there.

Tracked them down & deleted officer.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 07:40:42 PM by Tabasco Raremaster, Reason: adding a note » Logged

http://tabasco-raremaster.deviantart.com/

If you dislike it press; Alt+F4
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2011, 09:21:04 AM »

i moved some images from the main category to 3d/composition ... please check image counts

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
fracmonk
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2011, 06:42:28 PM »

So I left a message about how my entry never went where it should.  That was yesterday.  Now the message is gone too.  Somebody taking "omnipotent" a little too seriously?  Kinda tired of these pretty constant strange occurances.  It's really not worth it to me, y'know...
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2011, 08:25:33 PM »

where did you send your message to?

---

Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2011, 02:00:31 PM »

@fracmonk:

Your message is here, on another thread: http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?topic=7131.msg32129#msg32129

And your image here: http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=6995

It seems that you didn't specify the right folder for the image (2D competition), so it remained in the main folder, along with another image from other user who did the same thing.

Sorry but it was your fault, no conspiracies this time, my friend... smiley

So please calm down,  excuse yourself, and I'm sure Christian will fix it.

fracmonk
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2011, 07:26:15 PM »

Thanx Kali, but I *tried* to find the the proper avenue for it.  It's far from straightforward, and I'm not good at it to begin with.  But in other times and situations, there have been these reaches in from the 5th dimension, when I've been on this site.  Conspiracy?  (Yawn)  What isn't?

Christian-  My apologies, but on your question I rest my case.  Couldn't the way be less hazardous?  To be honest, I never looked at it as a serious candidate, anyway. The idea was to get more people familiar with a back-to basics approach to M-like sets, by getting it into an area of more general interest.  Best-laid plans of mice and...

If you could use your awesome powers to put it where it belongs, I'd be much obliged to you.  Thanx.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2011, 07:40:26 PM »

i move the images to the appropriate sections

---

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: