Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 06:17:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hello from New York  (Read 1815 times)
Description: Hihi
o0megaZer0o
Alien

« on: March 01, 2011, 05:11:40 PM »

I've been on fractal forums for over 3 months, but I never formally introduced myself. I'm a student at the School of Visual Arts in Manhattan and my major is Computer Animation and Visual Effects. Basically, we're learning a lot of programs used in movie production like Autodesk Maya, Adobe After Effects, Nuke and more. I very much became interested in 2D fractals a few months back and when I discovered 3-dimensional fractal I fell in love. I was never a big fan of math, but now I realized that the entire universe is run by math, and my entire major revolves around it, so I'd like to learn more about math related phenomena. I also wish to bring 3D fractals with me into the movie industry because I see them as an amazing opportunity to create alien worlds parallel to that seen in movies like Avatar. Most of my experience with 3D fractals came from using Mandelbulber. I haven't learned any other programs as of right now though.
Nice meeting you all!
o0megaZer0o
Alien

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 05:16:46 PM »

p.s.
You can also view my work/add me as a friend on youtube:

www.youtube.com/omegaroth
fractalrebel
Fractal Lover

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 08:24:47 PM »

Welcome oOmegaZerOo,

I am also a New Yorker, but in the far North. Montreal is the closest major city to me (unless you consider Albany a major city  embarrass). There is a lot of really great stuff here, with information about both 2D and 3D animations. The software I use the most (which you have to pay for  sad) is Ultrafractal 5. It has built-in capabilities for animations, and since UF 5 can create both 2D and 3D fractals, animated movies of both can be made.

o0megaZer0o
Alien

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 09:24:18 AM »

Wow I've never been that far up north. Must be really cold!
That program of yours seems to have a lot of capabilities, and also a friendly interface. I wish a real-time render 3D fractal program would come out with that level of convenience haha
Do you have any kind of youtube channel?
Erisian
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 09:24:25 PM »

Nice to meet you, o0megaZer0o.   howdy
tomot
Iterator

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 07:37:13 PM »

Wow I've never been that far up north. Must be really cold!
Yes, we still have live in Igloos when its really cold in Montreal.  crazy eyes
ramblerette
Navigator

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 12:19:11 PM »

My pleasure:)

there are words like freedom
sweet  and wonderful to say
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 05:16:22 PM »

Sounds like the subject you really need to get into is the hybridisation of CSG trees and RIFS (Recurrent IFS) wink

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: