Logo by mclarekin - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 02:43:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Bone Machine  (Read 626 times)
kon16ov
Conqueror

warep kon16ov
« on: February 16, 2011, 11:57:24 AM »

Since my system died, I've been teaching my son, who is very interested in fractals -- 2D and 3D -- on his laptop.  Actually, he's signed up here, recently, but is still kind of lurking as it's a bit intimidating.  At any rate, I haven't quite had the CPU power at my disposal, but he humored me and let me work on a small chunk of a rendering I was working on when my system went to the great system beyond, and that was Bone Machine.
Rendered in Mandelbulb3D v1.691 and assembled in Pinnacle VideoSpin (weird, but functional) and the music is from incompetech's royalty free library: Quinn's Song: The Dance Begins.
As always, enjoy and let me know what you think. 

Peace,

Phil
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5bgUpehrbwU&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/5bgUpehrbwU&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 01:52:47 PM »

lol, your son is on fractalforums.com ? better than having your father on fractalforums.com or your mom on facebook cheesy
rolling on floor laughing

btw, nice video but a little short, nice "glowing" effect

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
kon16ov
Conqueror

warep kon16ov
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 04:12:08 PM »

Now, it's not THAT funny!  tease  I'd rather have him hanging out *here* than just about any other site out there, you know...

Yeah, it's a bit short.  This was 990 frames while the original anim was 2400 out of 4800 when the sys went blooey.  Once the system is back up and running, I'll see if I can't dig up the param file and make the longer version.

Glad you liked the fog effect -- I tried to make to make it so it wasn't overpowering, but still looked "cool."  The problem I was having was having to ramp the raystep multiplier WAY down to eliminate as much noise as I could without each frame taking > 10h.  I think the net result looks a bit like the cel shading from "Dead Space."  Maybe...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: