Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2024, 01:44:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Behold... The Playful Geometer's Cosmic SpaceCrafts  (Read 1101 times)
playful_geometer
« on: February 10, 2011, 08:36:33 AM »

Hello everyone  grin ,

I am a great lover of fractals !  I've been playing around with them ever since I found Xaos on a Linux computer around 10 years ago.  I'm curious to see what might be bumpin' on this forum, but I thought I'd introduce myself before I poke around.

My deepest relationship to fractals is that I use them in creating my line of geometric sculptures.  I decorate polyhedra with fractal designs that serve as a kind of mood lighting which I calll SpaceCrafts.  At first I started with designs I modified from programs like Xaos and Gnofract4D, but lately I've been really into using fractal flames for the amazing range of textures they offer.  You can find out more about Cosmic SpaceCrafts by checking out my blog: http://cosmic-spacecrafts.blogspot.com.  I would love to hear your feedback, here, there, or ...anywhere else you can find me  wink

Cheers,
~The Playful Geometer
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 12:25:27 AM »

Hello and Welcome to the forums!

You should post some of your images in the gallery here, or just in threads.  I'm sure people will enjoy them   afro

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Erisian
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 10:50:50 PM »

Hi.  Love your name!  I have the windows version of Xaos and although I don't use it much, it has some great animated tutorials for those new to fractals.  Actually, maybe there should be a sticky somewhere on that?  Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work.   wink
playful_geometer
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 09:52:21 PM »

Hello and Welcome to the forums!

You should post some of your images in the gallery here, or just in threads.  I'm sure people will enjoy them   afro

Thanks for the encouragement, my stuff is all in the links, but I suppose I can make it easier to find that way wink 
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: