END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 12:14:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Custom formulas & transforms - WIP & discuss  (Read 16319 times)
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2011, 06:22:47 PM »

Need Cx<->Cy<->Cz

My formula likes that way, don't know why  huh?

(you know women...)

grin

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2011, 07:44:10 PM »

Need Cx<->Cy<->Cz

(you know women...)

grin

I need to know exactly; you mean

Cx=Cy, then Cy=Cz and finally Cz=Cx ? Sure? cheesy

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2011, 08:40:12 PM »

Need Cx<->Cy<->Cz

(you know women...)

grin

I need to know exactly; you mean

Cx=Cy, then Cy=Cz and finally Cz=Cx ? Sure? cheesy

I need:  (Initial values -> Final values)

Cx -> Cy
Cy -> Cz
Cz -> Cx

But if you do only the tree assignments you posted, the result is:

Cx -> Cy
Cy -> Cz
Cz -> Cy

Because you will lose Cx if you don't save it first!

So the algorithm should be:

Cx_temp = Cx
Cx = Cy
Cy = Cz
Cx = Cx_temp

I know you was going to do that anyway, because is so obvious...

But do it Now !!

kiss

P.S.: Where's the ballfold you mentioned? Spherefold doesn't have R parameter and also I think it's not working fine.. what does exactly?

P.S.2: I tried to code a simple stupid formula in assembler, and I couldn't do it. So my conclusion is that Jesse is God, and you are Jesus.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 08:42:19 PM by Kali » Logged

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2011, 10:23:40 PM »

Now? Noooo... grin
I have many old formulas to finish and to be written - patience patience :lol:

I am not a saint, however cheesy
Spherefolding, is it. I dont know anything about it but trust me it works fine
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 10:27:48 PM by DarkBeam » Logged

Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2011, 11:40:19 PM »

That's ok, I can wait a few months, but no more  cheesy

I'm sure Jesse will modify the formula to include that flip and enable Mandelbrot mode, but I wanted the flip separately for experimentation wink

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2011, 07:42:37 PM »

Now the "sphere sponge" is POSSIBLE - very easy with my new folding mode for sphere inversion... grin

Mandelbulb3Dv17{
P.....S....O/...w....2.....JP873UHu0.bRFAwtaAh2Ewu.Oh3w2Gwvy0liP/DV2zyYaFnN5FMyj
................................QW5PSMg7rz1........Y./..................y.2.....
................/MU//....6Eh....22....E2.....2KWwYI1hYqD...........c./...w1....U
z.UaNadD32../.kcmd5..xBwzG51dEIXlHzjoU9p.irrzw9............2.....y1...sD...../..
.w1...sDt9y55pE9dx1..........4f1.WJmTGdjFbVCvBHt.rPyWzlFBoGOzA083PJmTGdjcUGlKZwb
IuHhC.6K7z7ZyY6D1II1hYqD......ok..............kD.2....sD..kz0...................
.............................UTRU4.Yq/O.cQ5c/.wRU4.Ks/O.kX5c/UMSU4..............
.....................wzzz1.U..6.P....M4...EB....W....61....F....8/...I1....UJl32
...U.iVFwxDE./ozPM2Tzz7lz16.mc..zXCc.El18XGQeGyDjvIRhrVAkz1............28.kFrA0.
FWb96aAIVzvh1se7Umvxz0........../6U0.wzzz1................................E.0c..
zzzz.................................2U.8.kzzzD.................................
/6U0.wzzz1...................................2CcN/UvNP6.eeWCNq0.yRii.EJJUk1f..XR
S1.mx3CcN/UvNP6.QsLsUa3.ibhV..bTV1OK.sSq40.ly3CcN/UvNP6.MwLsUa3.ibhV.kqTV1OK.sSq
40.kz3CcN/UvNP6...EsUa3.eeWCNq0.IJ36wk8.wyLsUa3.................................
E....6....E.....I....I....kLn/5OZ7LNdtaR.YaPb31...........................U.4MU/
4M........................................EnvwbNS0exz.........zD................
................................................................................
.....................2.....3....8....oINiRKNmB1.jJbPo73.........................
.....MU/4MU/4................U.E........kz1........wz.........zD................
................................................................................
................................}

Try it!!!

cytotox
Alien

« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2011, 10:13:07 PM »

Hi DarkBeam

When I paste the par file (from the clipboard using the appropriate button in M3D) and press 'Calculate 3D', all I get is a solid yellow image. I am using M3D 1.72 & your latest formula collection under windows Vista. What could I be doing wrong?  sad
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2011, 01:27:07 AM »

Try to set the 'repeat from' option to the second formula...
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2011, 09:13:26 AM »

Nooo, wrong answer  boooo grin grin grin

@cytotox -> Have you put the new formula file into the m3d folder? I mean the latest _sphereinv ... I updated it yesterday.

Should render like that;

* aaaaa iko.PNG (209.71 KB, 779x671 - viewed 218 times.)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:16:45 AM by DarkBeam » Logged

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2011, 09:15:04 AM »

Bonus param (sphere sponge v2)

Mandelbulb3Dv17{
P.....S....O/...w....2.....JP873UHu0.bRFAwtaAh2Ewu.Oh3w2Gwvy0liP/DV2zyYaFnN5FMyj
................................QW5PSMg7rz1........Y./..................y.2.....
................/MU//....6.c....22....E2.....2KWwYI1hYqD...........c./...w1....U
z.UaNadD32../.kcmd5..xBwzG51dEIXlHzjoU9p.irrzw9............2.....y1...sD...../..
.w1...sDt9y55pE9dx1..........4f1.WJmTGdjFbVCvBHt.rPyWzlFBoGOzA083PJmTGdjcUGlKZwb
IuHhC.6K7z7ZyY6D1II1hYqD......Id..............kD.2....sD..kz....................
.............................UTRU4.Yq/O.cQ5c/.wRU4.Ks/O.kX5c/UMSU4..............
.....................wzzz1.U..6.P....M4...EB....W....61....F....8/...I1....UJl32
...U.iVFwxDE./ozPM2Tzz7lz16.mc..zXCc.El18XGQeGyDjvIRhrVAkz1............28.kFrA0.
FWb96aAIVzvh1se7Umvxz0........../6U0.wzzz1................................E.0c..
zzzz.................................2U.8.kzzzD.................................
/6U0.wzzz1...................................2CcN/UvNP6.eeWCNq0.yRii.EJJUk1f..XR
S1.mx3CcN/UvNP6.QsLsUa3.ibhV..bTV1OK.sSq40.ly3CcN/UvNP6.MwLsUa3.ibhV.kqTV1OK.sSq
40.kz3CcN/UvNP6...EsUa3.eeWCNq0.IJ36wk8.wyLsUa3.................................
E....6....E.....I....I....kLn/5OZ7LNdtaR.YaPb31...........................U.....
...................................................xz.........zD................
.....................2.....3....8....oINiRKNmB1.jJbPo73.........................
.....MU/4MU/4................U.E........kz1........wz.........zD................
................................}

wink

cytotox
Alien

« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2011, 10:28:28 AM »

@cytotox -> Have you put the new formula file into the m3d folder? I mean the latest _sphereinv ... I updated it yesterday.

Yes, I did. I downloaded & installed the latest M3D version and extracted all the m3f files of your final.zip file (timestamp of _sphereinv.m3f: 19.06.2011) to the M3Formulas subfolder. I checked it on my computer at home (under Vista 64bit) as well as here on my computer at work (Windows XP Professional, SP3), yielding the same negative result. I also tried your bonus par on the second computer, which yields exactly the same render:

When I do that, I get a render of a spherically distorted menger sponge, but not the one that DarkBeam shows in his attached image ...

* screenshot.jpg (46.46 KB, 780x490 - viewed 198 times.)
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2011, 01:20:40 PM »

Okay, but your Mandelbulb still loads the old formula, beacuse I don't see the new option (that produces the effect)

If you don't see another additional option in your _sphereinv you are not seeing the correct effect, but the old one... Try to locate all the _sphereinv files in your HDD. There is a temp folder (different than your M3D) that stores all formulas. Delete everything, then restart Mandelbulb and it will work wink

cytotox
Alien

« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2011, 04:45:46 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply. I checked and found a duplicate file - in a 'duplicate' folder called 'formulas', from which I deleted everything.

After this, it worked perfectly ...  cheesy

So, M3D is keeping separate copies of formula files in a folder of its own and is using these preferentially? very surprised
What is the reasoning behind that behaviour?  huh?
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2011, 05:00:16 PM »

So, M3D is keeping separate copies of formula files in a folder of its own and is using these preferentially? very surprised
What is the reasoning behind that behaviour?  huh?

Dunno! cheesy Ask the master Jesse wink

Enjoy them!

Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2011, 09:26:45 PM »

Ah, you improved your sphereInv formula, looks cool!

The reason why i store all formulas also in the users local application data folderis that each copy of m3d on the computer has instantan acces of the newest formulas, regardless of where the copy is located.

And m3d checkes of the newest formula version, so just downloading the new final.zip from DarkBeam and extracting it to a known folder of m3d formulas is enough to do.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: