Logo by stereoman - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 11:12:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Custom formulas & transforms - WIP & discuss  (Read 16706 times)
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2011, 01:05:42 PM »

DarkBeam, you asked for inverse toric coordinates?

Well, I asked WA in case of the "flat" torus, which is a 4D object.
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=solve+{w%2cx%2cy%2cz}%3d{r*cos%28u%29%2cr*sin%28u%29%2cp*cos%28v%29%2cp*sin%28v%29}+for+{r%2cu%2cp%2cv}&incParTime=true

If you use the same approach for a "3D" torus, e.g. a doughnut-surface, you should easily get the corresponding results from WA that way as well smiley

An entire page of formulas pops out, I'm very confused, what is the correct one? huh?

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2011, 04:26:23 PM »

I fear, all of them.

It's like solving a quadratic formula but more complex.
Note, that most of them are just sign shifts of each other.

My guess is, that this is due to the fact, that a torus is a finite structure, which repeats after a so-and-so-long straight path...
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2011, 04:47:45 PM »

I fear, all of them.

It's like solving a quadratic formula but more complex.
Note, that most of them are just sign shifts of each other.

My guess is, that this is due to the fact, that a torus is a finite structure, which repeats after a so-and-so-long straight path...

Okay ... It's better to leave toric transforms as they are. It's a fractal program after all wink Thanks Mark! the wave

kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2011, 04:56:07 PM »

maybe it actually doesn't matter, if I think about it again:

it's like this: a quadratic equation has two solutions because x^2 = (-x)^2

these toric equations have a total of 16 solutions, because the back transform maps all those to the same point.

Also, don't forget, I used there a flat 4D map of a torus... if you wanted a 3D transform, you gotta use 3D-toric coordinates instead^^
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2011, 12:52:35 PM »

Updated database with Ikenagabulb. smiley alien

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2011, 01:21:41 PM »

So why is that zip file still called "Final" then?   tease

It's never going to be final   laugh

Call the next one "Current" or something   evil

Just joking.

Thanks for these.  Too many to keep up with! 

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2011, 08:10:56 PM »

So why is that zip file still called "Final" then?   tease

It's never going to be final   laugh

Call the next one "Current" or something   evil

Just joking.

Thanks for these.  Too many to keep up with! 

I'm too lazy to change the title  laugh  laugh

(And now added all conj formulas. The cheapest update ever  laugh )

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2011, 12:47:17 AM »

Is there a reason I get this error message every time I try the "Reciprocal x"  (actually - it's many of the new formulas, not just one) formula:

Could it be a GPU issue?

The 'puter I'm using in this case has no graphics card at all, just the chip-thing it came with  (I use garbage computers for online purposes).  Haven't tried it on any other 'puters yet, but it's 100% consistent on this one!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 12:49:28 AM by Sockratease » Logged

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
0Encrypted0
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2011, 04:23:13 AM »

Access violation fixed in 1.6.9.4

Edit3:
Update to v1.6.9.4:
- fixed a bug in v1.9.6.3, freeing formulas, rendering, selecting new formula + render again could lead to an access violation.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2011, 01:18:21 PM »

Access violation fixed in 1.6.9.4

Edit3:
Update to v1.6.9.4:
- fixed a bug in v1.9.6.3, freeing formulas, rendering, selecting new formula + render again could lead to an access violation.

Oops!   embarrass

Guess I need to upgrade to the new version.

Thankies.

scheven_architect
Alien

« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2011, 11:05:06 PM »

<Quoted Image Removed>

_Sin4Dplus released.

Detail of a _flipxy, _sin4D, CommQuat sequence.

This version of sin() formula is different from UF sin, but I don't know why since should be the same (in slices z=0) huh? cheesy

Could I have the settings to play with them? I find it hard to get parameters that give a similar result.

greetings!
DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2011, 07:35:30 PM »

Could I have the settings to play with them? I find it hard to get parameters that give a similar result.

greetings!

Effectively, the original sin4d is no longer in the database (was wrong!) and the sequence I told back gives a tricorn shocked but these params can be cool to explore, especially Julia sets

Mandelbulb3Dv16{
O.....S....O/...w....2I..............1.......s1E................................
................................OaNaNaNadz1........A./..................y.2.....
................/M.0E....6kp....J1....E2.....QzIXLua2PrD/..........c./...w1/BnAn
x.....sD1E../.kSNzGNAnlSzcSZpbW3wBxj2C6MhBljbz9..................y1...sD...../..
.w1...sDYsAIxzzzjz1..........UAbUdisqcljp1IDqOBWGwXgZflfm2etzYvqlUV0UOyD85a.gaQW
GwnouSV48.etzSPvooeAVOyD......YJ......................sD..kz0...................
.............................ULRR4.2qpN.cOLb/.oRR4.qrpN.kVLb/UESR4..............
.....................wzzz1.U..6.P....M4...EB....W....61....F....8/...I1....UJl22
...U.iVFwxDE./ozPM2Tzz7lz16.mc..zXCc.El18XGQeGyDjvIRhrVAkz1............28.kFrA0.
FWb96aAIVzvh1se7Umvxz0........../6U0.wzzz1................................E.0c..
zzzz.................................2U.8.kzzzD.................................
/6U0.wzzz1...................................2CcN/UvNP6.eeWCNq0.yRii.EJJUk1f..XR
S1.mx3CcN/UvNP6.QsLsUa3.ibhV..bTV1OK.sSq40.ly3CcN/UvNP6.MwLsUa3.ibhV.kqTV1OK.sSq
40.kz3CcN/UvNP6...EsUa3.eeWCNq0.IJ36wk8.wyLsUa3.................................
E....E....E.....I.........kL4lKOkVJK..pPrJaQ.........................c..........
...................6./........zj................................................
................................................................................
.....................2.....3....3....wpIdt4B2/5PpB5..YZK........................
.....................wFVf53iSYzD........................................kz1.....
..............zj................................................................
................................/....E/.........TBqPid4B2/......................
........................................U.2.....................................
................................................................................
..........................................E.....I....I....kEjpKPFJLMo/kPo/UQ....
...................................................wz.........zD........kz1.....
...wz...........................................................................
........................................................}

Mandelbulb3Dv16{
O.....S....O/...w....2....keH28jzhmmzSrpzwoa4Y/E799FSNx2EzvnjUo01bdsz.3rOsXiNduj
................................jDrL.nuss.2........A./..................y.2.....
................/ME/E....6EL0...o4....E2.....6hblPk/fRmD/..........c./...w1.BnAH
y.....sD1E../.kSNzGNAnlSzcSZpbW3wBxj2C6MhBljbz9..................y1...sD...../..
.w1...kDMWfy2QkObw1..........YE.b146jAZjYlykZz869tX932sNAy66zgKmDgpgC0mDVPNF.CV6
9t1pOB5Lnu66z0NMRM4XD0mD......2r0.....................sD..kz0...................
.............................ULRR4.2qpN.cOLb/.oRR4.qrpN.kVLb/UESR4..............
.....................wzzz1.U..6.P....M4...EB....W....61....F....8/...I1....UJl22
...U.iVFwxDE./ozPM2Tzz7lz16.mc..zXCc.El18XGQeGyDjvIRhrVAkz1............28.kFrA0.
FWb96aAIVzvh1se7Umvxz0........../6U0.wzzz1................................E.0c..
zzzz.................................2U.8.kzzzD.................................
/6U0.wzzz1...................................2CcN/UvNP6.eeWCNq0.yRii.EJJUk1f..XR
S1.mx3CcN/UvNP6.QsLsUa3.ibhV..bTV1OK.sSq40.ly3CcN/UvNP6.MwLsUa3.ibhV.kqTV1OK.sSq
40.kz3CcN/UvNP6...EsUa3.eeWCNq0.IJ36wk8.wyLsUa3.................................
E....E....E.....I.........kL4lKOkVJK..pPrJaQ.........................c..........
...................6./........zj................................................
.....................2.....3....3....wpIdt4B2/5PpB5..YZK........................
................................................................nAnAnAnAnz1.....
..............zj................................................................
................................/....E/.........TBqPid4B2/......................
........................................U.2.....................................
..........................................E.....I....I....kEjpKPFJLMo/kPo/UQ....
...................................................wz.........zD........kz1.....
...wz...........................................................................
........................................................}

Another interesting combo with a sine ...

Mandelbulb3Dv16{
O.....S....O/...w....2....UV0zJC3SWazcKzd6wL52zDJQ2G4tqRMzPMBF/srLagzwF3BiMgtuvD
................................bV45GzV93/2........A./..................y.2.....
................/ME/E....6Ep/...33....E2.....gaUm14u2ilD/..........c./...w1.BnAH
y.....sD1E../.kSNzGNAnlSzcSZpbW3wBxj2C6MhBljbz9..................y1...sD...../..
.w1...kDmqFnMWolFwX/oui5/Da/zsdtwqX345lDtd.m39Lezv1vnKz0YCG4zmR.gHgNeyjDjE6Vw1ER
HwHTaCcMl4yDyK8fhV..qBlj......Yj......................sD..kz0...................
E....I....E.....I.........kL4lKOkVJK..pPrJaQ.........................c..........
.....................2.....3.........wpIdtKK..5PpB5..YZK........................
................................................................nAnAnAnAnz1.....
................................/....E/.........TN2Pd/5KN/......................
..........................................E.....I....2....kLHBKMgZaPb/..........
...................................................../..........................
.....................................................2.....3....3....AoPhpKIp34R
.w4R.65.......................................................zD........kz1.....
...wz.........zD................................................................
................................................................}

cheesy

And a squarry Julia with her small childs (used the Julia pick to find the seed, do it cheesy )

Mandelbulb3Dv16{
O.....S....O/...w....2....UIdSlFlTGqzSjXxlAhakzDh4NgUdLnxyHsUb5Aj1BjzCJkwVgX.Zwj
................................nw.rOPHQo.2........A./..................y.2.....
................/ME/E....6kk/...U2....E2.....2XzmrrB1mmD/..........c./...w1.BnAH
y.....sD1E../2kOcoSV5TvoziraN6XEhAvD0kPeVVYMHw9..................y1...sD...../..
.w1...kDY0fXvRnUgw1..........mGT5C9VPRZjXqTCXja61q9dkusSrA69z2.tF49VPRZj0ESYlGsK
LtH9xRsg2ipJyUmMeYrB1mmD......oO......................sD..kz0...................
E....I....E.....I.........kL4lKOkVJK..pPrJaQ.........................c..........
.....................2.....3.........wpIdtKK..5PpB5..YZK........................
................................/....E/.........TN2Pd/5KN/......................
..........................................E.....I....2....kLHBKMgZaPb/..........
...................................................../..........................
.....................................................2.....3....3....AoPhpKIp34R
.w4R.65.......................................................zD........kz1.....
...wz.........zD................................................................
................................................................}
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 07:38:22 PM by DarkBeam » Logged

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2011, 01:08:42 PM »

Updated some c-swapping formulas, test image and render : http://lucagn.deviantart.com/art/Dreams-207889511

Kali
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2011, 05:37:56 PM »

Updated some c-swapping formulas, test image and render : http://lucagn.deviantart.com/art/Dreams-207889511

I'll look fot it later, but what I'm needing is the possibility of exchanging cx, cy, cz values to experiment with my new formula.
I do it with flips but I have to do two flips, one for Z & C and another for Z only to restore the values...
(I don't know if I'm saying it clearly)
a total swap of C values in only one step should be nice...

As always, thanks for sharing your efforts!

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2011, 06:01:48 PM »

I'll look fot it later, but what I'm needing is the possibility of exchanging cx, cy, cz values to experiment with my new formula.
I do it with flips but I have to do two flips, one for Z & C and another for Z only to restore the values...
(I don't know if I'm saying it clearly)
a total swap of C values in only one step should be nice...

As always, thanks for sharing your efforts!

Flipc-xyz; tried? makes this
x<->Cx
y<->Cy
z<->Cz

Or you need:
Cx<->Cy
?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: