Logo by mjk1093 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 03:38:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Poll
Question: How did you find fractalforums.com ?
Search engine (what search?) - 21 (50%)
Youtube, Vimeo, etc... (what user?) - 6 (14.3%)
DeviantArt, Renderosity, etc... (what user?) - 9 (21.4%)
Fractal blogs or personal sites (which one?) - 3 (7.1%)
Family or friend (why? smiley) - 1 (2.4%)
Press (which paper?) - 0 (0%)
other (please specify) - 2 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Poll: How did you find us?  (Read 7658 times)
fractaljunkie
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 09:39:16 PM »

a friend was kindly allowing me to blast her art site at http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb with my fractals and kindly also referred me here. had managed to somehow miss this site and all kinds of others i am finding from this site. i think she did a google search but i put "from family/friend"
cryptfiend
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 01:51:27 AM »

I ended up finding it in google to get Mandelbulb 3d. Had to sign up once I seen what an active cool fractal community there was on here!!
flamingolady
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 09:42:16 PM »

I wasn't able to leave a comment when I selected the 'other' button.
I found it while on a regular Inkscape forum, there's a few fractal artists on it who recommended this site.
Don Whitaker
Conqueror

KitchenDon
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 11:36:59 PM »

I found FF after being seeing my first Mandelbulb/box animation, there was a link in the description. Pretty surek it was this one by Buddhi. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bO9ugnn8DbE&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/bO9ugnn8DbE&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

My digital creations: let me show you them
reallybigname
Conqueror

reallybigname reallybigname
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 01:24:07 AM »

I had seen some blog post about the 3D Mandelbulb, so I started searching for software to render them.   I came across Mandelbulber first, but like a week later, I found this site and Mandelbulb 3D, and have never looked back!

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ ̿''\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
My Gallery on FractalForums:
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=228;u=2941

My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/reallybigname
eiffie
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 06:11:31 PM »

My brother sent me some 1980's pascal code for the 2d mandelbrot and I wanted to rewrite it for 3d. That took me to codeblue, mandelbulber, boxplorer etc. Then after making some youtube fractal poop videos this weird guy named Bib subscribed so I had to see what kind of deviants are here. And here are so many of the people I learned from in one spot. Thanks all!
Xazo-Tak
Navigator

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 12:16:47 AM »

When looking at the world of fractals on the internet, you're bound to find this eventually, since this is where half the (Rather small) highly dedicated fractal community resides (Why can't we get mandelbrot though?)

I lost the game!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 12:40:21 AM »

When looking at the world of fractals on the internet, you're bound to find this eventually, since this is where half the (Rather small) highly dedicated fractal community resides (Why can't we get mandelbrot though?)

True, but how about actually answering the question?

And we can't get Dr. Mandelbrot here, he died recently.  Our last competition was in his memory.

But he did have a brief correspondence with our Administrator - it's posted someplace, but I forget where   sad

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
ramblerette
Navigator

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 10:45:33 PM »

I do  not  remember ............I was a member of another forum and I saw a link to  FF...so  here I am:)

there are words like freedom
sweet  and wonderful to say
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: