Logo by Madman - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 06:08:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Poll
Question: How did you find fractalforums.com ?
Search engine (what search?) - 21 (50%)
Youtube, Vimeo, etc... (what user?) - 6 (14.3%)
DeviantArt, Renderosity, etc... (what user?) - 9 (21.4%)
Fractal blogs or personal sites (which one?) - 3 (7.1%)
Family or friend (why? smiley) - 1 (2.4%)
Press (which paper?) - 0 (0%)
other (please specify) - 2 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Poll: How did you find us?  (Read 7724 times)
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« on: January 31, 2011, 02:53:27 PM »

How did you originally find fractalforums.com? Please check the corresponding button and add some comments.

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 03:04:35 PM »

OK, let me start. I found it by googling "fractal forum" to find if a fractal I had "invented" already existed. It was the Levy Dragon smiley
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:49:37 AM by bib » Logged

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
kon16ov
Conqueror

warep kon16ov
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 04:30:32 PM »

I believe it was a Google search where I was originally looking for C/C++ pseudocode for different methods for pixel coloration calculations...  I don't remember if I found it, or not, because I got quite distracted once I found the forum and, subsequently, all things Mandelbulb/box...  My CPUs have been overheating ever since. smiley

Phil
Fractal Ken
Fractal Lover

Proud to be 2D

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 05:41:20 PM »

I don't recall how I first learned of Fractal Forums (a long time ago), but I definitely joined because of the favorable reviews on the Orbit Trap blog. I'm also Fractal Ken on Flickr and Fractal_Ken on Renderosity.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 06:20:29 PM by Fractal Ken, Reason: Added hyperlinks » Logged

Fortran will rise again
lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 11:22:08 PM »

I found FF doing a search for the Mandelbulb3D application, damn glad I did
marius
Fractal Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 11:54:06 PM »

I stumbled upon Buddhi's youtube videos and wanted to see them in stereoscopy.
Got distracted by real-time gpu action..  embarrass
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 05:06:18 AM »

Searched for "fractal forums" many years ago !

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 11:45:50 AM »

I used a Yahoo search  (I boycott google, and refuse to even call them a search engine since they don't actually search the web for results!).  I searched for "Fractal Forum", as I was stating to push ChaosPro's Image Use Tricks past the point where I could figure out how to do things on my own and wanted to ask some questions of people with experience.

I believe this place was the first result!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 11:59:18 AM »

i do not really now how i made it to the forums, the only thing i knew is "damn, what a good site"

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
dainbramage
Iterator

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 07:15:22 PM »

Like others, I found it while searching for Mandelbulb 3d after seeing the awesome creations others were making with it. 

My Deviantart page - http://mcimages.deviantart.com/
Power 8
Conqueror

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 08:58:40 PM »

Through a link from Softology's blog by Jason the maker of Visions of Chaos, following a link from Daniel White's Skytopia website which I found after reading about the mandelbulb in Wired magazine

http://softologyblog.wordpress.com/

http://www.skytopia.com/project/fractal/mandelbulb.html

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/12/mandelbulb-gallery/

Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 11:05:48 PM »

Good question, difficult to answer.

I was playing with APo 3D when I found incendia and when I found incendia, I kept looking for more and better 3D fractal programs. I guess it must have been somewhere early in 2010 when I stumbled upon Daniels website skytopia and was immediately enchanted by the Mbulb. From there I first upgraded Chaospro and then, when it didn't really create the beauties that Daniel's site showed, I looked for some other software and found M3D and Mbulber and from there FF. I guess, if I look at my first M3P files, that that must have been early March 2010. FF immediately went into my favourites. The only thing I can't remember is why it took me until october to register....

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 08:25:49 AM »

I think i was looking into cell biology when i came upon Bruce Lipton. He mentioned the fractal nature of cell - human comparison, which was something i had come to by observation and research, or at least the similarity part. When he mentioned fractal, my previous encounter with Mandelbrot's book came to mind.

I had already done research into the logical insufficiency of the premises of knowledge, and the insufficiency of logic itself, coming to the conclusion that we have to accept the enfolding envelopes of space as the logical premise for infinfity.
This simply means that when a child asks who made God, it is asking a fundamental question which reveals the layers of an onion! Because no one can get past it it has in my opinion to be accepted as fundamental to the structure of space.

Thus Bruce Lipton's use of the term seemed apposite and revolutionary, and When i found a hero author of mine A.C.Clarke, well i was hooked.

I did "innumerable" searches and book marks and came across Fractalforums, run by cj's predecessor then. I liked the look of its jib so i joined and started to ask about the development of virus capsids, whether a formula could generate one. Enzedblue came back to me with a pretty nightmarish one! and i was hooked even more.

I chose the site because i thought that the people here would be math "nerds" with an artisitc flair, or scientists, of a high academic calibre. Some of the language in my early posts reflect that assumption! You perhaps do not realise how inadequate i felt!

However i soon learned that the guys here were a friendly and varied bunch with a deep interest in fractals, and that i was in fact pitching my "sell" too high for every one!

This is a problem i have had all my life and is in fact due to an autistic set of traits. However the guys here still accepted me and i felt and feel comfortable to explore the foundation of mathematics from the foundation of Fractals, not the other way round!

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
lecristal
Navigator

a lover of beautiful things

lecristal
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 09:23:13 AM »

My first visit was made by looking up the word fractal to the search engine Google, and I visited your site. but I do not speak English. So, I turned the page. and my friend has jeremi after his fine display of fractal, who invited me to join you
 grin

think of oneself is to think of others
antechinus
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 12:24:44 AM »

Googled "Mandelbrot set" and somehow ended up at Skytopia's bulb pages, which linked over here. Hey ho. smiley
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: