Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 02:56:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Annoying problem with reading saved fractals :(  (Read 4723 times)
Description: Annoying problem with reading saved fractals :(
mehrdadart
Alien

« on: January 20, 2011, 09:58:58 AM »

I have recently encountered a very annoying problem in reading fractals I have saved on my disk. Problem is caused by the pop-up at the bottom of Navigator. Imagine that you change parameters existing in this pop-up including "far plane", "FOVy", "Max its", and "Min distance" in a certain fractal and save the fractal on the dist. closing this fractal you work on another fractal with differences in those parameters ("far plane", "FOVy", "Max its", and "Min distance") and save the new job on the disk. Now, when you open the former fractal in the software you will have the correct view in the main window. But if you open the "Navigator" to make changes in it you will encounetr a completely different sight! Navigator unfortunately retains last addjustments applied to its bottom pop-up. It still contains the settings you have used for the latter fractal there. It will be more painful in animations. When you change these settings in different places of the animation and latter need to make some changes with Navigator in some frames. You will never have the same prospect in your navigator. SO SADDDD. Does anybody have any solution?
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 10:30:27 AM »

I confirm I ran into similar problems but did not take the time to analyse them as you did. I don't know if there is a workaround sad

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
reallybigname
Conqueror

reallybigname reallybigname
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 10:43:40 AM »

Yes, I have noticed that there is a DE stop problem on the 3D navigator.  But, I have been doing some really wild fractals, so I thought maybe it was only with certain combinations.  I wasn't going to say anything until I tried some more.  I've been able to fix it by doubling or increasing the DE stop. 

For instance, I'll start a project at 800x600, then be using the navigator and send it back to the main window at 1600x1200 and it comes out all messed up.  So, I then double the DE stop to bring it back to where it should be. (since I'm using double the screen dimension)
And yeah, just noticed this in the new version.  afro

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ ̿''\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
My Gallery on FractalForums:
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=228;u=2941

My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/reallybigname
mehrdadart
Alien

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 11:54:25 AM »

Thanks friends for telling your same stories. I hope Jess will have a temporary or permanent solution for such a BIG trouble!  fiery
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 02:18:27 PM »

Funny, I have had the same problem without knowing, I just  thought it was a hard hybrid to work with for the navigator, thank you for analyzing the problem Mehrdad! At least now I know what why it happens!  afro

lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 03:02:00 PM »

Yeah, it seems in the Nav panel some things are not loaded. Seems to me only the Far Plane mostly, it stays where you last set it regardless until you change it again manually. I see the FoVy get screwy only after 160, never really paid much attention to the iterations in the Nav panel, not really something I worry about there. The Far Plane thing can be a pain though, just kind of shocking when the scene either disappears in Fog or something jumps out that you don't want there.
lenord
Fractal Bachius

No Matter where you go there you are

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 03:02:58 PM »

Funny, I have had the same problem without knowing, I just  thought it was a hard hybrid to work with for the navigator, thank you for analyzing the problem Mehrdad! At least now I know what why it happens!  afro

You might have a point there
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 05:58:28 PM »

I have recently encountered a very annoying problem in reading fractals I have saved on my disk. Problem is caused by the pop-up at the bottom of Navigator. Imagine that you change parameters existing in this pop-up including "far plane", "FOVy", "Max its", and "Min distance" in a certain fractal and save the fractal on the dist.

It seems there are some basic misunderstandings:
The parameters in the Navi-Panel affecting the Navigator itself, only if you send the view to the main window, some of the parameters are changed in the main program like the position, viewvec, and the Zend value is affected by the farplane for example.
The farplane itself is not changed by inserting the parameters in the navigator, because the farplane is relative to the local DE and this is not a parameter in the main program!
By now the render methods of navi and main differs somewhat and i guess in the future they will match better because i will kick out the viewplane for rendering and include a farplane parameter also in the main programs parameter.

closing this fractal you work on another fractal with differences in those parameters ("far plane", "FOVy", "Max its", and "Min distance") and save the new job on the disk. Now, when you open the former fractal in the software you will have the correct view in the main window. But if you open the "Navigator" to make changes in it you will encounetr a completely different sight! Navigator unfortunately retains last addjustments applied to its bottom pop-up. It still contains the settings you have used for the latter fractal there. It will be more painful in animations. When you change these settings in different places of the animation and latter need to make some changes with Navigator in some frames. You will never have the same prospect in your navigator. SO SADDDD. Does anybody have any solution?

You have to remind what a farplane value you used in the animation!
Agree, that is a bit annoying by now but i will include this parameter in the main-header as well in the next version, regardless if it is used in the main rendering, just because of the navi compability.

On all other parameters:
if you want to change a keyframe you first have to send it to the main window, then insert the parameters to the navi, navigate, send the current view to the keyframe (have to remind the farplane or adjust it until you receive the deserved view) or send the view back to main and insert them in the animation window from main.

Another thing is when opening older parameters, that will be rendered different in newer program versions, if you want to change older animation keyframes i recommend to rerender all keyframes first so you see the differences first and changed keyframes may fit better to them.

Just some suggestions, if there are more question please be very specific so i can answer also more specific...

skol
mehrdadart
Alien

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 12:38:22 PM »

Thanks Jess for explanation and always assistance. All the way, Mandelbulb is an awesome software and currently I am working with its animation capacities. It is awesome. However there are some small problems, solvable in the future. This specific problem was so annoying for me so that I wanted to make small changes in certain frames of my animation and could not open it properly, as it was seen in animation key-frame thumbnails, in the navigator.  embarrass

Mehrdad
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: