Logo by Sockratease - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 04:41:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Animation Path & weird random images  (Read 1972 times)
kon16ov
Conqueror

warep kon16ov
« on: January 07, 2011, 04:44:54 AM »

Howdy,

I'm enjoying the heck out of r0.97 -- good stuff!  What's got me a little stumped is an animation I've got generating.  It's been going for a while, so I finally decided to check on the progress in the output directory.  Of the 950 images generated, I'd say 90% of them are "on path," meaning following a smooth progression.  Every so often, after ~540 frames and then again at around 630, each for about 10 to 15 frames, are beautiful but *random* images that don't follow the path.  They seem to be *near* the path, but not on it...  I've got 26 keyframes, with 180 frames in between, so it's got a ways to go.

I was mainly wondering if there was any particular file that would shed some light that I could either attach or be pointed towards to look at settings to see what is going on.

Thanks in advance for any help/info/suggestions.  Also, thank you, Buddhi, for turning out a superb and fascinating program; awesome job!

Peace,

Phil
fastrail
Alien

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 05:22:45 PM »

i second that.

i think it would be awesome to have an option called "log frames of an animation" that would work as follows:
if log=off then everything as usual.
if log=on then there could be some directory "logs" or "logfiles" or so that would contain the files logframe00001.fract, .... logframe12345.fract
- each logframe file matching exactly each frame of an animation.
(i.e. *after* calculating splines)

so, we could analyze not just the 26 keyframes, but all thousands of individual frames.

now...

if there would be another option on the animation-tab, that would say:
"generate animation from logfiles" - now THIS would be incredibly awesome!!!

because then we could change the fract-files of individual frames of a long animation without having to play around with keyframes/splines/etc.

this "generate animation from logfiles" should work quite similar to the "render from keyfiles"-button, just with "frames per key" set to 1... and the fract files taken from the logfile-directory.

buddhi: this would be my wish for christmas, but unfortunately christmas is over... ;-)

phil: you know you can do all of this yourself, dont you? buddhi's program is awesomely written and offers the choice of being batch-started. all you need to do is write a small script, that inputs the keyframe-files, calculate any kind of spline-path yourself and log the intermediate frames to your own logframes.fract files. should be no big deal if you are a little into programming and gives you great power over all parameters!

kon16ov
Conqueror

warep kon16ov
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 03:31:04 AM »

Actually, while it would be cool to have the ability to both produce and read logfiles, I admit, rather sheepishly, that this can be filed under "user error." 

By way of explanation, I'm quite used to the navigational controls in M3D, but not so much in Mandelbulber.  I am trying to remedy that, but what I was wondering about has a everything to do with flying through things rather than around them.    embarrass

So what this *really* boils down to is that I need to really work on figuring out the controls better so I can navigate as fluidly as I would want and, well, not go whizzing through mountains, as it were.  Looks like I need to read up more on the site, Buddhi - Tips and Tricks explains this stuff, from what I've read.  I'll need to go practice up, it sounds like.

Phil

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: