Logo by reallybigname - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 06:46:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Flying through the Rhinoceros Fractal  (Read 1816 times)
Description: mandelbox negscale rotated
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« on: December 23, 2010, 12:55:53 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0lU-4pg-rgk&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/0lU-4pg-rgk&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

Sadly I keep flying into things, even where I know I had a keyframe "clear of objects" like 0:28 - 0:30 into the movie I had a keyframe UNDER the "tree bridges".  afro

I guess it has something to do with the bezier camera paths "smoothing out" the path?  afro

Anyways, hope you like! smiley

Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 05:30:04 PM »

Hi KRAFTWERK,

with bezier interpolation the keyframes will not be reached, but the midpoints between two keyframes.

So if you want to pass a specific point, you might make a keyframe in front of it and one behind it.

And if you want to include the starting or ending keyframe, duplicate them and set the subframe count of the first and last keyframe to zero.

Beside the missing bridges it looks really great, awesome box!

And thanks for all the other great work!
reallybigname
Conqueror

reallybigname reallybigname
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 09:30:57 PM »

Awesome werk, as always, Kraftwerk!

Jesse, maybe this would be better on the Mandelbulb 3D thread, but it seemed to fit the conversation...  You do so much work on this thing, I hate to even ask about stuff like this!  Thanks, Jesse!   And, I understand that what I'm asking may be way more difficult than it sounds:

It would be great if you could send a frame from the animation window to the 3D nav view, and display the current motion spline, based on the setting in animation window (linear/bezier).  So, you could use the 3D nav to look around and see if the spline is bending through an object without messing with your current view or anything.

Another really awesome feature would be to see tick-marks on the spline which represent frames, so you could tell how smooth the speed would be from one segment to the next.

I know, my head is in the clouds...   nerd

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ ̿''\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
My Gallery on FractalForums:
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=228;u=2941

My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/reallybigname
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 10:46:41 PM »

The idea is very cool, whether i can implement it or not  smiley

You can always give suggestions or whatever, i shut down automatically if its getting to much  wink
But most ideas are still on the list and maybe sometimes they can be realized.
reallybigname
Conqueror

reallybigname reallybigname
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 02:50:37 AM »

Well, I'm full of ideas, I just don't want to inundate you with them!

For instance, ever since you put in the "first step random", I keep wondering what you could do if you could control the randomness of different steps (like a randomness curve through the steps).   Of course, if everything was random, you wouldn't be able to save the formula and render the same thing again.  So, it would have to be some sort of quasi-randomness that is actually seeded by a number and repeatable.

I also think that Mandelbulb 3D would be way cooler if it made coffee for me.  nerd

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ ̿''\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
My Gallery on FractalForums:
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=228;u=2941

My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/reallybigname
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 09:24:55 AM »

Hi KRAFTWERK,

with bezier interpolation the keyframes will not be reached, but the midpoints between two keyframes.

So if you want to pass a specific point, you might make a keyframe in front of it and one behind it.

And if you want to include the starting or ending keyframe, duplicate them and set the subframe count of the first and last keyframe to zero.

Beside the missing bridges it looks really great, awesome box!

And thanks for all the other great work!

And thank YOU Jesse for providing an excellent tool!

OK I get it, would it be help to make two keyframes of the same spot under the bridge with frame count set to zero?

Thanks for the good explaining J, now I can fly around without my helmet  hurt

Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 08:36:19 PM »

OK I get it, would it be help to make two keyframes of the same spot under the bridge with frame count set to zero?

The first keyframe should only be zero, yes that should work.

To be sure i would use the preview function letting it start before the specific keyframes to speed this up.

Greets
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 10:11:34 AM »

Thanks again Jesse! I will try this approach next time!

zongo
Navigator

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 12:44:25 AM »

Somptuous ! Except for those path accident this animation is splendid. I love every part of it, from the color palette to the light and of course this incredible sci-fi looking valley.
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 09:07:22 AM »

Thank you Zongo, glad you like it, next time I might be able to avoid the crashes smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: