Logo by fractalwizz - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 08:57:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Amazing Boxplorer  (Read 26859 times)
Description: Looking for programmers and artists for the GPU renderer.
Esko911
Forums Freshman

"Math is the language of God"

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2011, 07:48:28 AM »

Excellent work on this program everyone, Boxplorer is my favorite fractal rendering program I've encountered so far  cheesy !!! I just finished downloaded a ton of different stuff off of the google.code upload for boxplorer2 and I just cannot get it to compile for the life of me. I'm on OS X 10.6.6 and this is the error message I'm getting:

boxplorer : failed to open 'boxplorer.cfg'
Usage: boxplorer <configuration-file.cfg>logout

I don't know what I'm doing wrong as everything seems to be in order. Any help with this would be awesome cause I'm loving boxplorer and really want to check out this new version.

Excellent work though, this is some awesome software  cheesy !

marius
Fractal Lover

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2011, 09:02:52 AM »

Excellent work on this program everyone, Boxplorer is my favorite fractal rendering program I've encountered so far  cheesy !!! I just finished downloaded a ton of different stuff off of the google.code upload for boxplorer2 and I just cannot get it to compile for the life of me. I'm on OS X 10.6.6 and this is the error message I'm getting:

boxplorer : failed to open 'boxplorer.cfg'
Usage: boxplorer <configuration-file.cfg>logout

I don't know what I'm doing wrong as everything seems to be in order. Any help with this would be awesome cause I'm loving boxplorer and really want to check out this new version.

Did you compile or just download? Anyways, seems you have an executable that could run.
But you are trying to run it directly from finder?

It is a console executable so launch it from within a terminal session (applications/utilities/terminal)

In terminal, goto the directory that contains the executable and the cfgs/ subdirectory.

Now try 'boxplorer cfgs/boxplorer.cfg'.
Esko911
Forums Freshman

"Math is the language of God"

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2011, 09:09:26 AM »

Yeah I am trying to run it from the finder. I'm not familiar with Macs, my mom just has one with an Intel i5 CPU which is why I'm using it. Who do I bring the terminal to the folder like in cmd prompt? I dragged the folder into the terminal window and then added the extension to run the exec but it's giving me a 'No such file or directory' output. Sorry if these questions are redundant, I just have no idea what's good with these Macs.

****EDIT: Nope, figured it out, just had to include the .cfg file too. Thanks very much Marius, it is up and running all well now  grin!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:13:19 AM by Esko911 » Logged
sheepdog
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2011, 02:20:02 AM »

I have a question: is the depth of field feature included in the 2.01 version of the program? Because I can't seem to find how to enable it.

Regardless, amazing program!
marius
Fractal Lover

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2011, 03:39:29 AM »

I have a question: is the depth of field feature included in the 2.01 version of the program? Because I can't seem to find how to enable it.

Regardless, amazing program!

Yeah, the 2.01 binaries have it compiled in. Not all .cfg files have it enabled (look for 'enable_dof 1').
You can specify --enabledof as extra argument on the commandline to force it on, which enables the related variables in the UI and then tweak away.

It doesn't seem to work on all videocards / drivers (macs are notorious, works fine on win7-64 w/ radeon).
But probably some bad opengl fu on my part (i.e. bug). If anyone has experience with render to buffer with automipmapping across various boards and SDL, please have a look at initGraphics() in boxplorer.cc

For those situations where your driver / card is unhappy about it, you can add --disabledof on the commandline, overriding the value that is in the .cfg

Regardless, the DoF rendering is a bit of a hack using mipmaps and custom shading. Certainly not accurate nor a nice bokeh, but fast ;-)
knighty
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2011, 06:12:20 PM »

Time to wake up this thread  evil. Here are attached some shaders. Hope you'll like them (pretty sure you'll do grin).

* SomeBPshaders.zip (18.62 KB - downloaded 258 times.)
knighty
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2011, 11:14:01 PM »

Bump! grin
visual.bermarte
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2011, 04:52:59 PM »

eh.. what can i say-I'm speachless!!
 shocked
Repeating Zooming Self-Silimilar Thumb Up, by Craig
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 07:20:39 PM by visual » Logged
knighty
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2011, 08:06:41 PM »

grin
Don't get lost.
Syntopia Already did something similar to the RT Theli's Kleinian drops. Waiting for his next release of fragmentarium.
marius
Fractal Lover

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2011, 08:12:31 AM »

grin
Don't get lost.
Syntopia Already did something similar to the RT Theli's Kleinian drops. Waiting for his next release of fragmentarium.

Sweet shaders! Love those Kleinians.  A Beer Cup A Beer Cup
I tweaked the shaders to work w/ boxplorer2 and my ATI card and added the cfgs to http://code.google.com/p/boxplorer2

Could still use some attention with respect to param tweaking and mapping to AntTweakBar..
knighty
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2011, 08:10:54 PM »

Thanks smiley
marius
Fractal Lover

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2011, 06:02:49 AM »

Thanks smiley

Here's a sequence rendered using a mutant of your Pkleinian shader

Watch on youtube for 3d playback options!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MZRZ7KNsx9U&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/MZRZ7KNsx9U&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
marius
Fractal Lover

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2011, 10:21:27 AM »

Thanks smiley

Here's a sequence rendered using a mutant of your Pkleinian shader

Watch on youtube for 3d playback options!

And another one. With reflections this time thanks to knighty.
Watch on youtube for proper 3D playback!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/I0ilmEcsj8c&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/I0ilmEcsj8c&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
sonic
Forums Newbie

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2013, 03:42:30 AM »

Ideally there is to tell the driver a left frame and a right frame. Quad buffering? There has to be a opengl / sdl incantation that sets that up; never done it.

Now available on the Google Code site smiley Supposed to work with the Radeon HD 6000 series or newer.
flexiverse
Safarist

« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2013, 04:34:20 AM »

Added interlaced stereoscopic output for a Zalman display. Playing with that and this blended menger shader is endless fun, nice & speedy!
Getting 30 fps at 1920x1080, perfect for getting spiked out of the screen in realtime  grin

What is your hardware setup Marius ?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: