Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 01:53:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Pattern Variations on Mandelbrot 'needle' or tip  (Read 4511 times)
Description: exploring the range of patterns within the bland looking needle
miqel
« on: December 04, 2010, 03:21:14 AM »

This is a project i did about 8 years ago, to illustrate the stunning variety of patterns to be found in even a somewhat featureless looking region like the tip above the largest minibrot on the needle.

I used a simple gradient from white to blue to black in a uniform way across all the images. Both to highlight the thin outlines of this region and also to give the series a standardized look similar to a series of microphotographs of ice crystals.

Here's a map of where the images all are nested, followed by thumbs

Images from the needle tip (Sorry, the only format i have these in is long vertical image strips)

I got sorta addicted to making these mandelbrots and the full series of images from the needle tip is about 140!  smiley
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 08:30:51 AM »

The resemblance to ice crystal patterns and snow flakes is unquestionable.

At this scale it is probably  good approximation to molecular behaviour in cooled liquid mediums under a a simple environmental pressure-temperature variation. Very cool work miquel! grin

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
tit_toinou
Iterator

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 08:11:40 PM »

Awesome!
In fact, we can see theses kind of patterns everywhere on the Mandelbrot fractal... It was a good idea to only look onto the real axis wink .

I didn't understand how did you manage to be at the center of every "brotflake" ? Did you do it manually ?
Thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: