Logo by mrob - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 11:17:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: True 4d M extension: Search for the Holy Grail(s) goes on...  (Read 9107 times)
Description: For a sort of fresh start, sort of...
fracmonk
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 02:32:55 PM »

(via bunneemail)

To continue last post, a couple more views of -1+0i+0j+.25ij, and the M equivalent and its julia, converted to complex.

* Pab4dm2.GIF (54.98 KB, 320x200 - viewed 656 times.)

* Pbc4adm2.GIF (48.88 KB, 320x200 - viewed 672 times.)

* PJEquiv.GIF (6.27 KB, 320x200 - viewed 674 times.)

* PMEquiv.GIF (17.4 KB, 320x200 - viewed 668 times.)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 05:01:11 PM by fracmonk, Reason: no infringement » Logged
fracmonk
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 07:46:45 PM »

Jesse recently informed me of his intension to make these formulae available in the Mbulb collection as "CommQuat", if I've got it right, and if it turns out right, I think.  Look for it, as I myself suffer from limited access, as you may know. I'd love to see results from it!  Thanx in advance... 
fracmonk
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 07:22:45 PM »

Has the search expired?
fracmonk
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 04:41:09 PM »

For those interested, I've done some curious work that can be found on this site under: Theories and Research->Is there anything novel left...which has 3d & 4d application potentials.
fracmonk
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 04:29:25 PM »

Found a new approach based on 4-param constant, 2 real, 2 imag, anyone interested?

In case there are any Python fans present, it's "...something completely different."   ...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 04:32:54 PM by fracmonk » Logged
fracmonk
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2011, 03:24:03 PM »

Since I do everything in 2-d anyway, I've decided to post this new bit in the "New Theories and Research" section, under "Is there anything novel..."   -look at all the cobwebs!
fracmonk
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 07:18:12 PM »

So I was wondering- is there anything in the voluminous fractalforums "grail"-related archives about initial z value providing a 3rd and 4th dim. if you know offhand?
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 03:34:56 AM »

So I was wondering- is there anything in the voluminous fractalforums "grail"-related archives about initial z value providing a 3rd and 4th dim. if you know offhand?

If you mean complex fractals with 2 dimensions as start z and 2 as c then that object (and related ones other than z^2+c) has been around since the early days of Fractint i.e. at least 15 years (probably a lot longer - I started late, only 1999) and is generally referred to as a Julibrot.

Here's an animation displaying 3D slices of the said 4 dimensions - in each case two are "fixed" as the correct axes and the third visual dimension taken as a line in the plane of the remaining two, the animation is produced by rotating the line from matching one of the spare dimensions around to the other e.g. x = real(starz), y = imag(startz), initial frame z = rea(c) intermediate frames z = line in plane of c at angle a (going from 0 to 90), final frame z = imag(c).

Unfortunately the results have as much or even more "whipped cream" than quaternions, in fact I personally suspect that the surface is only ever fractal in one given direction.

Here's the animation:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gr-ul7sZDwc&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/gr-ul7sZDwc&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2011, 10:42:34 AM »

Jesse recently informed me of his intension to make these formulae available in the Mbulb collection as "CommQuat", if I've got it right, and if it turns out right, I think.  Look for it, as I myself suffer from limited access, as you may know. I'd love to see results from it!  Thanx in advance... 

Hello Fracmonc
Just want to inform you that your CommQuat is one important third of my mug-awarded Fractal Wasp Troll.

Thank you for your great work!
Johan

fracmonk
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 05:20:16 PM »

David- I had wrote my own formula q+d & made a series of 2-slices (as I do) for a range of incremented real z0. Off z0=0, I found that a distance for real z0 yielded the same for pos or neg, so that those 3d had the corresponding symmetry.  I thought that Julibrots might be a bit different, but, I guess, no...

Kraftwerk- I didn't know it was a source of your prizewinner, and am that much happier 4 U.  That you could make it look that inviting is satisfying to me in the extreme!  And thanx!
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 11:48:13 AM »

Kraftwerk- I didn't know it was a source of your prizewinner, and am that much happier 4 U.  That you could make it look that inviting is satisfying to me in the extreme!  And thanx!

I thought about mentioning it to you before, sorry about me being so late.
Glad you appreciate it, I for sure appreciate your work even if I have some problems following the maths! smiley
This is why I did my series "The Mathematician", "The Programmer" and "The Artist", this is what fractalforums are all about, a beautiful symbiosis!
I have used the CommQuat in some more of my images, I will send you all links if you are interested...
You are welcome, and again, thank you!

fracmonk
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2011, 12:10:21 AM »

Kraftwerk-  I'm sorry for not answering your last post sooner.  Yes, I'd love to see more, naturally.  I understand about not being prompt, but we have to meet other demands...the math is not so bad, for + &-, very simple, for x, a bit complicated, but div. is a bear, and needs review.

Later!
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2011, 08:55:56 AM »

Kraftwerk-  I'm sorry for not answering your last post sooner.  Yes, I'd love to see more, naturally.  I understand about not being prompt, but we have to meet other demands...the math is not so bad, for + &-, very simple, for x, a bit complicated, but div. is a bear, and needs review.

Later!

No problem fracmonk, if I do not follow the math all the time, but that is my problem, I am a novice learning more for every day here.   afro
Links to more images including the CommQuat:
http://MANDELWERK.deviantart.com/art/Royal-Monstrous-Coagulation-211226065
http://MANDELWERK.deviantart.com/art/The-Rose-with-the-Pearl-253973564
http://MANDELWERK.deviantart.com/art/The-burden-of-intellect-256020712
http://MANDELWERK.deviantart.com/art/Fighting-Fractal-Gods-201017720

Now I will not hijack your thread any more!  afro

fracmonk
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2011, 06:16:36 PM »

K-  I'm only peeking in here on the run-  thanx 4 the linx, & perish the thought of "hijacking" the thread, (it's not "mine").  Anyone with something to say should ALWAYS feel free to make a contribution to the "cause"...

Take care, O.K.?
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2011, 04:53:16 PM »

Here I tried to get to 3D mandelbrot:
http://www.fractalforums.com/3d-fractal-generation/re-true-3d-mandelbrot-type-fractal/msg38660/

fractal catalisator
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: