Logo by CorneliaYoder - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 06:32:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: So I've got these 110 Bitmaps...  (Read 4756 times)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« on: December 27, 2006, 11:00:30 PM »

Oy...

I made this:

http://liveu-75.vo.llnwd.net/vidilife/image/2006/2/13/357060/1105775L.gif

I tried to compile it as a video, but my thingy (Videocharge) said that the aspect ratio was wrong and would not make a video for me.

The gif plays at funny speeds in different browsers and I wanted to get more control over the whole thing.

Anyone know a good program (hopefully freeware or demo trial!) which can compile images into video relatively easily and with no knowledge of codecs?

Can't hurt to ask...

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 12:51:45 AM »

so, the only problem is that it has the wrong aspect ration, you could try Irfanview ( googleit ) to crop or extend your images

beside of that, it is not a problem of the tool you are using, more the codec u are using, for instance Divx requires aspect ratio of 4:3
but not every video codec demands aspect ratio of 4:3 you could use standard cinepac codec, i think it should work,

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 03:06:51 AM »

Anyone know a good program (hopefully freeware or demo trial!) which can compile images into video relatively easily and with no knowledge of codecs?

Can't hurt to ask...

For Windows try "VirtuaDub" - it's a freeware (or was freeware) interface between you and the codecs and allows conversion between formats including importation from individual frames etc. I don't know if there's a MAC version. It tells you the limitations of the codecs you choose.
Having said that for compiling a video from individual source frames I still use Animshop (part of Paint Shop Pro - or at least used to be).

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 08:58:32 PM »

I thank you both for responding!

I need to just buy a decent program for compiling these things.

I'll try these suggestions over the New Year Holiday!

I shall post my results...

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 05:45:10 PM »

OK, I got Virtual Dub...

Cant figure out where to start!!

The help files and online documentation all assume you are capturing or editing existing video.

I can't find this Importing of Frames feature anywhere!!

I can make HUGE files in MPG and SWF from my gif animator!

But that only imports about 75 frames before hiccupping, then the rest have to be loaded one at a time...

MOO!!!

Woof!

Cluck-Cluck-Cluck....

Belch.

Pardon me.

Roar!

Grunt.

Meow!

OINK!!

and Moo! again.

Anyone know where to start?

EDIT:

Nevermind!

I'll have some Chaos Pro animation REAL Soon!

My first Fractal Dive approacheth...

Gleep!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 01:30:37 AM by Sockratease » Logged

David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 03:07:31 AM »

In VirtuaDub to import a set of still frames:

File->Open Video File

Change "Files of type" to "Image sequence" and then just double click on the first file in the sequence - note that it assumes that the filenames are alphanumerically in the correct order.

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 10:12:36 AM »

In VirtuaDub to import a set of still frames:

File->Open Video File

Change "Files of type" to "Image sequence" and then just double click on the first file in the sequence - note that it assumes that the filenames are alphanumerically in the correct order.

Thanks Muchly!

But...

EDIT:

Nevermind!

I'll have some Chaos Pro animation REAL Soon!

My first Fractal Dive approacheth...

Gleep!

I knew I should have just Double posted rather than edit that in!  I found the feature you mentioned when I edited that.

I am learning quite fast how Chaos  Pro can make a series of images I can compile with VDub, but it's built in compiler always fails me.  Chaoscope is tough as it's batch processing can mess up "gamma and brightness" settings and ruin an entire set of images!

Still...

I have  my first crappy dive.

I'll post it when I can get it hosted someplace other than an adult website! shocked

makc
Strange Attractor

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 09:14:46 PM »

this is quite easy to do with ffmpeg or mencoder
bengvc
Alien

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 02:03:19 AM »

Jesse? If I have it right with Sockratease. Your post is 90 days in, maybe it's too late, but as a video producer I'm quite familiar with codecs, NLEs, workflow from M3D to Blue Ray, the web, etc. are you still needing assistance?

I'm partly writing here to attract you to a post I submitted elsewhere on the forum, about a limitation I encountered attempting 750 subframes between keyframes. I needed to do this because I was experimenting animating between formulas, the results so intriguing, but with only 50 or 75 subframes, I wanted to explore more unknown between. Thanks for considering, and let me know if I can help.

Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 02:28:47 AM »

Jesse? If I have it right with Sockratease. Your post is 90 days in, maybe it's too late, but as a video producer I'm quite familiar with codecs, NLEs, workflow from M3D to Blue Ray, the web, etc. are you still needing assistance?

I'm partly writing here to attract you to a post I submitted elsewhere on the forum, about a limitation I encountered attempting 750 subframes between keyframes. I needed to do this because I was experimenting animating between formulas, the results so intriguing, but with only 50 or 75 subframes, I wanted to explore more unknown between. Thanks for considering, and let me know if I can help.

Hmm, i hear this for the first time, i have no limitation in the subframe count  huh?

Just enter a value in the field below the keyframe and it should be accepted.
Also you can use the processing and multiply all subframe counts for example by a factor,
check that option and push 'Put the values to all keyframes'... it is just not updated automatically,
but if you scroll the keyframes you see the new values.
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 06:32:06 AM »

Yes VirtualDub is great, can also output as GIF, and convert AVI back to batch. In tandem I use Bulk Rename Utility which allows me to get around the consecutive numbers issues when I choose to discard bits or add to the batch file.  The Bulk Rename Utility freeware allows allsorts of bulk changes to batch files, I highly recommend it. Not sure but VirtualDub may be limited to just over 1000 frames so I had to splice together using WAX or Windows Movie Maker. In VDub Preferences you can change the default frame rate, and compression I use the XVID as the default Uncompressed create huge files. 
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 12:02:14 PM »

...Not sure but VirtualDub may be limited to just over 1000 frames so I had to splice together using WAX or Windows Movie Maker. In VDub Preferences you can change the default frame rate, and compression I use the XVID as the default Uncompressed create huge files. 
this limit is most unlikely. last year I coded more than 5000 images at once. and even if there was a limit, you could still stitch the snippets in vdub via "append segment".
when you use the vfw codec you can also code h264 (http://sourceforge.net/projects/x264vfw/), witch is more efficient than xvid.
Pre cut I'd recommend a lossless codec like legarith for example. Files are still huge, but miuch smaller than uncompressed and free of artefacts.

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 02:42:44 PM »

thank you for the codec tips wink
i will use both, lol right now i am fiddling with 4x40.000 full hd frames, compressed with xvid in chunks of 4gig (btw. how to encoder bigger videos ... yes yes, gotta search)
and it is barely lower than the original images, so the losless codec seems to be better here

and for h264, would love to use it, but until now i didnt manage to get my vegas studio cutting software import it ...

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 04:31:20 PM »

compressed with xvid in chunks of 4gig (btw. how to encoder bigger videos ... yes yes, gotta search)
really? must be due to xvid codec or your hard-drive

legarith codes 12gig videos without problem - providing that you don't store to FAT32 or something similar old.

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: