Logo by Sockratease - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 10:00:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: High quality vid on youtube  (Read 1176 times)
gussetCrimp
Explorer

« on: November 08, 2010, 04:05:54 PM »

I have nothing to do with this video - I just noticed it on youtube when watching another one mentioned here - but since new vids are not so common I thought I'd add the link to the board so you all could see it too:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/q06zJZR75Ew&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/q06zJZR75Ew&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

Can someone identify the software and coloring method? It looks quite different, and somehow appears miniature (like tilt-shift photography). The rendering is very clean - maybe the iteration count is low so there's not a lot of fussy detail? The path is a bit clippy, sometimes intentionally. But all in all it's a great animation.

Gus
kon16ov
Conqueror

warep kon16ov
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 05:34:32 PM »

This is pretty slick.  Makes me a touch jealous -- I think I need to look into internal lighting as a way to find more "stuff."  Maybe.  Although, it actually looks a bit like one I have rendering, now, in a way, but this one seems more ... spongy.

As for the software/aspect, if I were to hazard a guess, I would say Mandelbulb3D with a FOV of ~120, maybe.

Phil
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: