Logo by Kaliyuga - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 12:18:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulb3D depth help  (Read 1034 times)
Lee Oliver
Fractal Fanatic

« on: November 07, 2010, 12:19:56 AM »

I made a Madelbox/menger/foldingOct box and I ran into a little problem,I cannot navigate very far into it.  This is about as far as I got because when I try to go beyond the pillars at the top and bottom of the image it becomes overcome with fog.  I turned the depth value to zero but that didn't help. undecided

Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks smiley

Kalo’smi lokaksayakrt-pravrddho
Lokan smahartum-iha pravrttah|

rte’pi twam na bhavisyanti sarve
ye’vasthitah pratyanikesu yodhah
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 05:33:07 PM »

It's difficult to answer this question without the actual parameters, so I'm probably going to tell you something you already tried: Have you tried changing Zend to a larger value?

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
Lee Oliver
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 06:23:39 PM »

Yeah, I tried that.  I can post the text parameters is it will help

Mandelbulb3Dv16{
I....../....1...w.........UWxB.lC....DGj30ZAmzzjaEBaC0eBewfP2WoKslLCzmaQ5ljfzzzj
................................DKKbEzIWW12........Y./..................y.2.....
.................M.//....6.e2...I3....E.......ch5bLaupaD/..........c./...w1.BnAH
z.....kD..../...................................................................
........aclV1HPQzt1..........aowfhPI0bOjy6zDv1V4Jnf7OQsko4rTyEpl0ZPI0bOjQRgEt4Zk
dqHGnjqiF7QexQ.qX1AhlxbD......ox3.........................kz0...................
..............................WcD5.gWyQ..Bun/.xcD5.MYyQ.kHun/.MdD5..............
...........................U..6.X....o0...EB....I....U3...EE....4/...I1....UJF1.
...U.ydelyjeYFnzTeOgzf8No.6.nc..zzzz.g5MarH7iXyDWra4dabdnz1...........kA8.klLS4.
QvM93P58izPmeLISw7kxz0........../6U0.wzzz1................................E.0c..
zzzz.................................2U.8.kzzzD.................................
/6U0.wzzz1....................................uBZ.EHVM/.zzFoTu2.cxo7.szDnueM.g5P
D/EzTt6Ul/kF.V1.Qs5crI0.B3W3..bTUSH7.oI6K..ly/uBZ.EHVM/.Mw5crI0.B3W3.kqTUSH7.oI6
K..kz/uBZ.EHVM/....crI0.zzFoTu2.yzngi84.xzZX.45.................................
E....A.....1....2....A....EEh3aSdtqNU6oPs/............................k/9.......
...................xz0........yD........kz1........wz...........................
................................................................................
.....................M.....4....8....oINiRKNmB1.jtKG4B3.........................
.....MU/4MU/4................E.E........kz1........wz.........zD................
................................................................................
................................/....20.........TNoPgFKOiRqHXF5.................
........................................U.2.....................................
............................................}

bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 07:05:28 PM »

Try to increase the "far plane" in the 3D navigator, I'm pretty sure it will solve your issue smiley

I don't know why this parameter can only be be modified in the 3D navigator, and not in the main window. Jesse??

* depthtest.jpg (163.68 KB, 512x374 - viewed 87 times.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 07:08:09 PM by bib » Logged

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 07:15:06 PM »

If you use "fixed zoom and steps" in the navigator, you'll be able to zoom further down in  the bulb. Without I do indeed get the problem you describe. See text paramter file below for a little further zoom. Hope this helps. It's a great render by the way!!

Mandelbulb3Dv16{
I.....S....O/...w..........fhzuEiszzzWmgk7Upizzj.iv0xxMzXwvSFrZQxwTBzCJhQM1xxzzj
................................YenQg0Vdl12........Y./..................y.2.....
.................M.//....6kg1...V2....E......QhgOwhG10bD/..........c./...w1.BnAH
z.....kD..../...................................................................
........8aZOtpKcStnxlC3P8Cp0ykuaP2yMw4XjN9aXMVWFXsf6jZUajrALyYIm3w38lMYjc857aJJX
is16GBdfFIeFyQ45Hwk4EmZD......Y9..........................kz0...................
..............................mx2A.grHk..VD/1.By2A.MtHk.kbD/1.cy2A..............
...........................U..6.X....o0...EB....I....U3...EE....4/...I1....UJF1.
...U.ydelyjeYFnzTeOgzf8No.6.nc..zzzz.g5MarH7iXyDWra4dabdnz1...........kA8.klLS4.
QvM93P58izPmeLISw7kxz0........../6U0.wzzz1................................E.0c..
zzzz.................................2U.8.kzzzD.................................
/6U0.wzzz1....................................uBZ.EHVM/.zzFoTu2.cxo7.szDnueM.g5P
D/EzTt6Ul/kF.V1.Qs5crI0.B3W3..bTUSH7.oI6K..ly/uBZ.EHVM/.Mw5crI0.B3W3.kqTUSH7.oI6
K..kz/uBZ.EHVM/....crI0.zzFoTu2.yzngi84.xzZX.45.................................
E....A.....1....2....A....EEh3aSdtqNU6oPs/............................k/9.......
...................xz0........yD........kz1........wz...........................
.....................M....U4....8....oINiRKNmB1.jtKG4B3.........................
.....MU/4MU/4................E.E........kz1........wz.........zD................
................................/....E0.........TNoPgFKOiRqHXF5.................
........................................U.2.....................................
............................................}

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
Lee Oliver
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 07:16:09 PM »

Wow, thanks a lot grin  Now I am free to explore.

Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 08:20:01 PM »

So you got already the right answers, sometimes the farplane (or Zend value relative to Zstart with respect for the Zoom in the main window) has to made very big to see some of the structures that could be seen some steps before.
Then the tip with the fixed zoom and steps can be very useful, enable it just before stepping forward so the zoom does not increase and the far structures does not vanish.
When clippings in the forground are occuring, you have to let the zoom increase of course.
Just for navigating this is no problem, dont forget to disable the fixed settings if you passed such structures and want to zoom out again.
Thunderwave
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 11:08:40 PM »

Thanks all, I never thought to try those things, nor did I even see some in animation.  I rarely use animation.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: