Logo by DsyneGrafix - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 10:11:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulber website  (Read 2956 times)
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« on: November 06, 2010, 08:34:18 PM »

I decided to create website for Mandelbulber project using Google Sites. There is program overview, links to download sites, small image/animation gallery, and user-guide (under development). I'm also planning to put there full documentation of program and some tutorials how to make images.

http://sites.google.com/site/mandelbulber/home

I would like to ask you for help in building this website. I still have problems with English language (but I'm still learning  embarrass), so I need somebody to correct grammar or describe some things better. There is a lot of work to do and I will be very glad if somebody helps me.

cbuchner1
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 10:32:21 PM »

I have to congratulate you on creating an awesome project and keeping it alive. And bonus points for making it cross-platform and open source.

Usually my projects are rather short lived and do not get the full polish to be an end-user facing application (e.g. my "CUDA mandelbulbs" and CUDA Buddhabrots").

FractalFoundation
Alien

Infinite Math, Infinite Beauty, Infinite Love

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 06:40:40 PM »

Krzysztof - I was going to start a new thread suggesting we make a dynamic, wiki-based user manual for Mandelbulber, so you alone wouldn't have to be responsible for keeping it updated. Then I just saw the version you've put up at http://sites.google.com/site/mandelbulber/user-manual
This is a great start, and I'd be happy to volunteer some time to improving this site and the manual. It's excellent to share things like "Getting Started" "Tips and Tricks" and "Example Settings"  - I'd be happy to add my own experience and create some of this content, or if you just want help editing and improving your English, that's fine too. I am a native English speaker, technical writer, and I teach fractals for a living, so I'm quite sure I can be of help.

Mostly, I'd just like to be able to contribute in some way to this fantastic project, so that more people may have the joy of exploring 3D fractals!

Thank you for all your wonderful work!

-Jonathan

-Jonathan Wolfe, Ph.D.
Executive Director
http://FractalFoundation.org
Fractals are SMART: Science, Math & Art!
Become a facebook fan at: http://bit.ly/13pEkd
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 09:46:50 PM »

Krzysztof - I was going to start a new thread suggesting we make a dynamic, wiki-based user manual for Mandelbulber, so you alone wouldn't have to be responsible for keeping it updated. Then I just saw the version you've put up at http://sites.google.com/site/mandelbulber/user-manual
This is a great start, and I'd be happy to volunteer some time to improving this site and the manual. It's excellent to share things like "Getting Started" "Tips and Tricks" and "Example Settings"  - I'd be happy to add my own experience and create some of this content, or if you just want help editing and improving your English, that's fine too. I am a native English speaker, technical writer, and I teach fractals for a living, so I'm quite sure I can be of help.

I'm making this site using Google Sites. So it is possible to edit pages by many people, almost like on wiki-based sites. If someone want to join to updating Mandelbuler website, please give me only your email address (by sending private message). I will give editing access. Every help is welcome.

Lee Oliver
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 10:21:57 PM »

A wonderful site indeed, it is going straight to my bookmarks bar. grin

Kalo’smi lokaksayakrt-pravrddho
Lokan smahartum-iha pravrttah|

rte’pi twam na bhavisyanti sarve
ye’vasthitah pratyanikesu yodhah
Russ McClay
Explorer

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 10:28:05 AM »

The website is a great idea.  Just had a quick look.  I will spend a little more time in it and will be happy to offer suggestions about English grammar if I see anything obvious.  You're English, btw, is quite good.

Thanks for your hard work on Mandlebulber.
twinbee
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 03:38:59 PM »

Great stuff - nice to see a dedicated site for Mandelbulber! smiley

The manual page looks like a nice reference too (maybe you could link up each gadget in the program to an an anchored tag in the manual HTML for context help?)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: