Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 08:13:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Is this the correct place to ask for advice\assistance with Mandelbulb3D?  (Read 3010 times)
DonTen
Alien

« on: November 01, 2010, 03:14:55 PM »

If not, please excuse me and point the way smiley

If so, here is my question:

I'm still new to animating with MB3D and have set up a basic animation consisting of an Amazing Box\_rotate hybrid.
I've set up the animation to start with a standard box and then individually rotate X,Y & Z through 90 degrees and back and then rotate all three at the same time before returning to the unaltered box. Total frame count is 1251.

The problem is this: Rendering the animation frames always stalls at frame 12. My question: What am I doing wrong, and how to rectify the problem?

Link to m3a : http://hotfile.com/dl/79762886/cbf7e1f/stuck_at_12th_frame.m3a.html

If anybody can supply an answer to this, please bear in mind I'm an enthusiastic amateur rather than a maths savvy expert, so laymans terms please wink

Thanks in advance.
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 04:05:51 PM »

Looks like a bug in Bezier interpolation due to the fact that your first two keyframes are identical. It works if you select the linear mode of if you slightly change the rotation in your second keyframe. Jesse??

btw DonTen you can directly upload a m3a file in your post using the Additional options... just below the text box.

And the animation idea is very good. I'm also impressed with the speed of rendering for global view of Amazing box without hard shadow in this kind of low res (480x480). approx 1.5s per frame on my i7 shocked
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 04:10:43 PM by bib » Logged

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
DonTen
Alien

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 06:37:56 PM »

Thanks Bib, I'll stick it into linear mode and have another go.
First two keyframes are identical due to the initial animation run seemingly starting in the wrong place, I'll see if linear mode sorts this out as well.
DonTen
Alien

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 09:38:40 PM »

Working fine.

Thank you again bib.

(and apologies for capitalising your name in earlier posts)    afro
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 09:47:07 PM »

Hi,

this seems to be a strange bug, stuck on the 13th frame... must be the rise of king tut at halloween  wink

I will look tomorrow for the reason, that should not happen with linear, bezier or whatever interpolation.

Thanks for reporting!
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 10:03:46 PM »

You're welcome DonTen, and thank you for having changed your Youtube avatar wink

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 08:01:31 PM »

Found the bug, but the next version will take some time.

It is an issue with "exact" headers so the program would just repaint the image and dont calculate it again...
but it just stops there.
The reason why this happens not earlier in the animation is just because the interpolation can lead to tiny
rounding errors what makes the header and its parameter not exactly the same. (Not really optimal, but
this is not often needed anyway.)

And it seems that pausing the animation rendering can lead to artifacts in the next image?
Not sure, but this will be also corrected.
Rerendering single images can be done with setting the "Start with index:" entry to the image index that should
be recalculated and stopping the animation rendering afterwards.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: