Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 03:18:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Older system compiler errors  (Read 2299 times)
kon16ov
Conqueror

warep kon16ov
« on: October 16, 2010, 02:03:30 PM »

Good morning!

On my main system, everything is happy and I am a big fan of this program and it ties up many CPU cycles. smiley

On my older system, it won't run from the straight install, claiming it wants GLIBC_2.11 (when apt-getting, the repositories tell me that I have the latest of all things listed in the readme), so I try to compile it.  In doing so, I get this:

Code:
g++ -O2 -ffast-math -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0 gthread-2.0;` -MMD -MP -MF"interface.d" -MT"interface.d" -o"interface.o" "../interface.cpp"
../interface.cpp: In function ‘void CreateInterface(sParamRender*)’:
../interface.cpp:902: error: ‘gtk_widget_get_allocation’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [interface.o] Error 1

It's running kernel 2.6.28-11 and GCC v4.3.3.  Are there some specific libs I'm missing? Having stepped into the "evils" of Mono/.Net, my linking/compiling skills in C++ have...deteriorated...meaning it's been close to a decade and I'm feeling...lost.  embarrass

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Phil
jwm-art
Iterator

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 03:03:55 PM »

I'm guessing you're using Debian. I booted into Debian and found the same problem.

Debian being Debian, is using quite an old GTK version, and that particular version does not have the gtk_widget_get_allocation function. However, with this old version you don't need the function for Mandelbulber to access the data it needs.

So we can change this:

Code:
GtkAllocation scrollBarAllocation;
gtk_widget_get_allocation (hscrollbar,&scrollBarAllocation);
scrollbarSize = scrollBarAllocation.height;

to this:

Code:
scrollbarSize = hscrollbar->allocation.height;

And we're ready to go!  cheesy

OR

Download the patch (see attachment), and copy it into the top-level mandelbulber0.93/ directory and then apply it:

Code:
patch  -p1 < mandelbulber0.93_debian_lenny.patch.txt

* mandelbulber0.93_debian_lenny.patch.txt (0.7 KB - downloaded 194 times.)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 03:11:45 PM by jwm-art » Logged
kon16ov
Conqueror

warep kon16ov
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 07:09:06 PM »

Bingo!  The patch worked!  Thank you so much. 

Actually, the system is running LinuxMint7, which would be Ubuntu8.04 or some such, I believe.  Just got the "end of life" announcement on it.  D'oh.

Ah, well.  Again, thank you for your help!

Phil
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 07:47:57 PM »

Thank you for reporting this problem. Unfortunately I have found this post just after release of new version. I will change it in next version.

kon16ov
Conqueror

warep kon16ov
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 10:27:51 PM »

Sorry about the timing... still, with a known fix, for now, that's OK for me until the release that has that fix.

This maybe should be a different/new thread, but I'm going to kick 0.94 to see if it does something similar.  Basically, in the View/3D Explorer, when I set the first keyframe, it wonks up the palette that I had assigned back to a random w/speed of 2 rather than custom w/speed of 0.75, and then, after about three keyframes, I rotate and walk in and *boom!* it's a sponge.  It started off as a 'Bulb.  Again, I'll poke it, again, with the new version and if it's still in there, I'll try to be more specific.

Great proggie!  Keep up the great work!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: